Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have searched the forums but have not yet seen an answer that completely helps me, any links to other forums is appreciated and advice of course.

Spec s works enduro '04

My float r with brain has been rebuilt twice by a canadian fox service center. Only a couple of months of riding after the last rebuild, if that, it is once again pissing oil from around the brain where the hose attaches. Oil loss means it aint really working like it should so last nights pogo ride was nt much fun...

Frankly I am tired of dealing with fox with this problem and with problems with this shock, and as it is getting pretty old now, maybe it is time to move on.

One of the local fox/specialized experts told me that this was a special shock and special length and a standard float wouldnt really fit...

So back to the age old question, is there a shock I can drop straight in that will work,
I ride all mountain, lots of ups, lots of downhill, occasionally hit the local downhill chairlift runs, not many drops, weigh 215, ride hard. Marzocchi Z150 sl fr up front.

There we go, hope someone can help. (Push is not an answer, they dont deal with brains by the way)
Thanks
T

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess this one has been done before as noone has responded...
Pretty sure I wanna go with a DT Swiss xm 180, have seen some good things about it...
anyone out there riding one on a spec??? or at all?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had one of the Pros for a few years. I fitted a coil 4 way swinger to mine and what a huge change that made. Way better, no bob and lots plusher.

As for fitting, I think I ran a 190 x 50 shock. The stock one was 193? x 47?. This is all from memory sorry. I ran the shorter shock and spun the link over and it worked out well.

There is a thread about it here somewhere, guys were running DHX coils and airs etc on them. I will look on my old computer tonight as I think I saved a link to the thread on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey, i tried to fit a 4 way swinger just as a big coincidence and it wouldnt fit, valves and piggy back placements just wouldnt work anyway I tried.
After I posted I read that that some had put a 7.785inch (200mm) RP3 on this bike but I would really like to try something else and from what i have read you have to push an RP3 to make it better than a DT Swiss...
thanks for your input,much appreciated as I love my bike and really wanna make it work.
T

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha cool, is that that 2004 Z150 in the front EVO5? It looks like I can happily get a 7.875...and the Float with brain is going to going the shed.

I dont know why I couldnt get the 4 way swinger on mine..maybe I am just stupid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.