Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MTBR Mafia
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am currently looking at this fork for my heckler with a 5th air on it. will the rake be too much for the good amount of xc i do. and will i have to swap out any spring if i weigh 140 even though it is an air fork? And overall do you guys like the fork?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I ride xc on a z1 sl and the rake is not a problem for me. But of course that may be different for you. You won't need to swap out any springs. You need to adjust the air pressure for your weight and riding preference. I love my fork sucks up all the bumps and handles jumps and drops also.
 

·
MTBR Mafia
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chad1433 said:
Awesome fork for XC. But at 140lbs, maybe too much for your needs? Hard to say. I think it would match well with the Heckler, though.
i said mostly xc with downhills, drops up to 5 or 6 feet, and dj's. so would it still be a lot of fork for me?
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,238 Posts
cdub said:
i am currently looking at this fork for my heckler with a 5th air on it. will the rake be too much for the good amount of xc i do. and will i have to swap out any spring if i weigh 140 even though it is an air fork? And overall do you guys like the fork?
cdub said:
i said mostly xc with downhills, drops up to 5 or 6 feet, and dj's. so would it still be a lot of fork for me?
thanks
OK, I do not see where in your first post any mention of "mostly XC" and definately no mention of 5 or 6 foot drops. Definately nothing on DJ. :rolleyes:

Would be a good fork though.
 

·
MTBR Mafia
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
006_007 said:
OK, I do not see where in your first post any mention of "mostly XC" and definately no mention of 5 or 6 foot drops. Definately nothing on DJ. :rolleyes:

Would be a good fork though.
ya sorry i was in a hurry. so it would be good know then right?
 

·
Time is not a road.
Joined
·
4,141 Posts
It's basically the same platform as the DJ series, except for the steel steer tube and coil suspension internals. If you're going to be doing more drops and jumps, you might go with the Z1. If you're going to be doing more trail riding, the SL is lighter and more "on the fly" tuneable. The SL is tough enough for freeriding, as it is a FR model, but if you're leaning more towards the freeride aspect of it, I'd go for the Z1 and get the 20mm thru axle.

Just my .02. I loved my Z1 SL but I never jumped or did big drops so I don't really know how much abuse it can take...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
cdub said:
i am currently looking at this fork for my heckler with a 5th air on it. will the rake be too much for the good amount of xc i do. and will i have to swap out any spring if i weigh 140 even though it is an air fork? And overall do you guys like the fork?
C,
I have been using my 03 Z1 SL as my main XC fork for over two years... Once you get it dialed, it rocks. It should be a good match for your Heckler... It should be fine on smaller drops, especially if you are going to tranny.... Being that you are a lighter rider, it should suit you well.

Brian
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top