Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just perusing and I noticed on Supergo

04 Manitou Black Elite (90 - 120mm no Boss version) for $175

Anyone else out there (besides me) who thinks it's a pretty good deal?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Personally I wouldn't buy from Supergo because:

1) If you put in a seperate address for the billing address, the product you ordered will most likely go to the wrong location (happenned twice to me).

2) I was charged extra shipping that was not on the web page. (twice)

3) They have only one person on customer support at night and she has no power to do anything except for taking your complaints. (called several times)

Look up the better business bureau -- they have a terrible rating. I would buy from another store that will price match.

·
We get titles?
935 Posts
Yes, that's an incredible deal

kmltick said:
Just perusing and I noticed on Supergo

04 Manitou Black Elite (90 - 120mm no Boss version) for $175

Anyone else out there (besides me) who thinks it's a pretty good deal?
You won't find a better fork for a price even close to that. I'd scoop one up in a second if I needed a fork. As far as dealing with Supergo, I've ordered from them several times (including a frame) and never had a single problem. I'd order form them with confidence.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
The Supergo specials page says this fork has RTWD and TPC, but according to the Manitou website the '04 Black Elite with RTWD has Fluid-Flow damping, the Elite 100 has TPC & lockout.

·
We get titles?
935 Posts
Still, for $175, you take what you get.

fsrxc said:
The Supergo specials page says this fork has RTWD and TPC, but according to the Manitou website the '04 Black Elite with RTWD has Fluid-Flow damping, the Elite 100 has TPC & lockout.

Still, for $175, you take what you get. As you can see from the JensonUSA thread, some of these stores sell OEM forks that have different specifications than any of the aftermarket models. I bought such a Black from Performance last year. Killer deal. So by all means, call Spergo and see if they can explain the descrepency, but don't let that scare you away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has Jenson outdone Supergo?

Just noticed that Jenson has the 04 Black Elite 100mm version w/ TPC + Lockout for $175 and you get a free Cane Creek Headset to boot!

oh the dilemma... =)

·
Old School Member
124 Posts
Some of those are OEM's with steel steerers- I remember looking seriously at one until I saw that. I think it was the cheap scarabs (with the steel steerers they would be Black heavy without the stiffness of a Black). You may want to check first.

·
Motion activated
3,241 Posts
Greenfishsports.com had the 03 Black Elite (with TPC+) for $199 - They might have some left.....

The extra $25 to get the TPC+ over TPC is well worth it.

·
[paste title here]
515 Posts
kmltick said:
Just noticed that Jenson has the 04 Black Elite 100mm version w/ TPC + Lockout for $175 and you get a free Cane Creek Headset to boot!

oh the dilemma... =)
I just checked the Jenson website today and looks like the elites are gone. I was looking at them yesterday and I was planning to buy one. Now I cant find it at Jenson. Was it a typo? b/c that is an incredible deal for an 04 black elite.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts