Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good thing i brought my shovel and pick to California with me, cuz look what i dug up while in the Ventana facility. Sitting at the bottom of a fairly large pile of boxes was an 04' La Bruja front triangle. So i chomped at the baited hook and told them to send it up to me. ..... 8 pounds, powder coat paint that would make Johnny Cash proud, (it's sorta symbolic after my tour of Folsom Lake this past weekend ), a Fox RP23 with HV sleeve and adjustable chainstays.

Attachments

·
Perpetual slow motion
480 Posts
Arghhh...

:madman: I can't believe you "found" a La Bruja just laying around at Ventana. I love the old frame style, lucky bastid! That color is very nice... Oh wait! it looks like a medium or small so it won't fit me. At least I can tell myself the frame won't fit:p

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Holy cow, wow, did that come out good!

Forget the the Z1 we were talking about, that NEEDS a black Fork on it. Lyrik Solo Air has been awesome for me, you could use the U-turn coil since you're light enough as well.

Just wow. Very, very nice.

-Aaron

·
Registered
497 Posts
Great Score - it was just waiting for you to find it. Those powdered rears look amazing too, hope they become an option for all of us who can't get out there to take a tour.

Let us know how you like it set up with the rp23-

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Very , very nice indeed ! :cool: Lookin forward to seen it built up and how you like the performance using the RP23 on your witch ! Congrats on your new sweet ride ! TIG.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
rp23?

Chad....whazzup with that? are you gonna XC race that thing? I think you might have spent to much time in San Fran, if you know what i mean

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FoShizzle said:
rp23?

Chad....whazzup with that? are you gonna XC race that thing? I think you might have spent to much time in San Fran, if you know what i mean

dooode, calling me out on a public forum. Thats dog bro. Give me some credit....didn't you read the HIGH VOLUME description of the shock ?? Doesn't that give me brownie points ?

seriously, the Rp23 should be good for what i wanna do with it.

But maybe it'd be easier if i did blame SF ?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CAO said:
Great Score - it was just waiting for you to find. Those powdered rears look amazing too, hope they become an option for all of us who can't get out there to take a tour.
-

thanks CAO......i believe Ventana has painted other rear swingarms also, somebody had a killer looking ElCiclon painted in Cosmic Orange w/ orange swingarm not too long ago. So i know the option is there for you...it just takes $$$$$$$$$$$$.

later, Chad

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ban'd4life said:
:madman: I can't believe you "found" a La Bruja just laying around at Ventana. I love the old frame style, lucky bastid! p

thanks ban'd, yep.....i did feel purdy lucky.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mtnbiker4life said:
Chad - So when you were at Ventana you did some snooping around, eh!

ahhh, Teresa told you eh ? Upstairs is a whole archive of past and present. I could have spent an additional day up there, but there was riding to be done.

just use it to its potential not like Fo's garage queen......

why does this feel like a byotch slap ? dude...i work a bunch, but i do make time for the bike. But then again....it is a Bruja and my 165# may not exceed this bikes potential. Oh well..... I can already sense the fun i'm gonna have on this bike.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
FoShizzle said:
rp23?

Actually I think some air shocks can take more abuse than some give them credit for didn't Larry run one on his Bruja ? From my own experience my PUSHed RP3 feels like it can handle much more than what I've put it thru so far since I'm using it on my 4" travel Capitan setup more for xc or single track trail riding ! I guess I'm real happy with my coil front and rear setup on my Witch but wouldn't mind a spare or 2nd option of a good air shock like the 2.25 stroked RP23 with a HV sleeve and with PUSH mods of course ! It seems to me I've heard of others using air shocks on there rides who seem to ride them pretty friggin hard as well ! Oh and for what its worth I've heard of a couple of peeps that actually did enter there Brujas in a XC race ! :D TIG.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts