Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here.. and to the mountain biking world.. I've been doing some research lately and I have come up with two bikes that I am interested in. I'm looking around the 400-600 price range. I don't want a Full Suspension and I do mainly XC. I don't want to spend too much money at first, because I want to know if I am going to stick with the sport. So that is why I am looking at these two bikes. I found 04' K2 Zed 3.0 for 430 down from 600 at REI and an 05' Specialized Rockhopper at one of my LBS for 440. Which would you guys personally choose if you had the decision? I know some are biased but I want to hear your opinions anyway.. Thanks..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I looked at both...

and settled on the K2. It just felt better to me. That being said, I don't get it until this weekend, so I can't give you any more input than that.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Both good bikes

NajaScutellatus said:
Hey guys, I'm new here.. and to the mountain biking world.. I've been doing some research lately and I have come up with two bikes that I am interested in. I'm looking around the 400-600 price range. I don't want a Full Suspension and I do mainly XC. I don't want to spend too much money at first, because I want to know if I am going to stick with the sport. So that is why I am looking at these two bikes. I found 04' K2 Zed 3.0 for 430 down from 600 at REI and an 05' Specialized Rockhopper at one of my LBS for 440. Which would you guys personally choose if you had the decision? I know some are biased but I want to hear your opinions anyway.. Thanks..
I would say go with what ever bike fits you best. K2 tends to make their bikes on the short side, top tube length wise. K2 bikes also tend to be a bit fast steering (steep head/seat angle, nimble, twitchy, whatever adjative you wanna use to describe the handling) Wheather this works for you or not is up to you. I like it myself.

Between them, I would go with the k2 for weight reasons, but I'm a total weight weenie, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I love light, tossable bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.