Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been away from cycling for about 5 years and now that I have moved away from south florida and theres actually some riding to be done, I'm ready to get back in the game. My first and only full suspension bike I have owned was a Super V 1000 that I absolutely loved.

I have been considering a CDale Prophet 800 and a Jamis Dakar. Today I came across an 04' Haro X3 that a LBS has not been able to get rid of. Bike is still "new" and has not been ridin except for the LBS parking lot. I would have no reason to doubt this as the bike is friggin immaculate.

Bike has Hayes HFX9's, Mavic rims, XT derailluers, Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 2 and some other decent goodies. They will sell it to me for just shy of $900. I told them I would be back on monday saying I wanted a day to think about it.

My question is, in your opinion, is this a decent deal. I can potentially save almost a grand to what I was considering spending. Having never owned or dealt with a Haro I was hesitant. Should I pick this bike up and use whatever $$ I save on upgrading a things? Anyone ever had or heard of problems with this frame? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Sounds like a fair deal to me. I own a Haro and I have nothing but good to say about it. Haro's are prob. the best bang for you buck bike out there, the frames can take a lot of abuse too. Also keep in mind the Xtreme frames are a little more on the freeride side of things but they can be a great all-mountain bike too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. Does anyone know what the 04 X3's retailed for? Or what kinda specs they had? I'm just trying to get a feel how much of a deal it is considering its now 2 years old..... even though "new".

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,730 Posts
The Xtreme frames are awesome. They are bullet proof tough and can take what ever you through at them. I weigh 220 and ride mine pretty darn aggressevly and have not had any problems at all. They are very similar to SC Hecklers in geometry, in fact SC engineers worked with Haro on the design of the Xtreme. 900$?? Hell ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.