Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in a gen discusion thread I started, I have come across an 04' Haro X3. Price is a smidge under $900. Bike is brand new and has never left the LBS shop. My question is in your opinion is the X3 clyde worthy.... Depending on breakfast I'm about 240. Any thoughts?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
It seems like it.

Looking at the bike's specs, it's got some pretty beefy components, and is marketed as an all-mountain bike, so I would say yes. The price seems pretty attractive too, given the component selection. Depending on what you intend to do with it, I'd say it's worth considering.

From their web site: "If blazing downhills, huge gap jumps and big drops are what you live for, the Extremes are ready to take you there" To keep it in perspective, at 240 lbs you may want to notch it back a bit from this type of riding, but I could be wrong. The bike could be an excellent "Clyde hucking" bike.

Keep in mind, at 40 lbs, the bike is going to be a pig on any sort of inclines.

Just my thoughts as always.

Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call_me_Clyde said:
Keep in mind, at 40 lbs, the bike is going to be a pig on any sort of inclines.

Just my thoughts as always.

Bob
Well, more work equals more weight loss..... hopefully.... :) Can't justify spending more cheese on a lighter bike when I could lose more weight on my body than I can save on on a bike..... Looks like I am gonna grab it.

·
ouch
397 Posts
I'm 5'10" and 210. My first FS was an '03 X1. After some upgrades, the bike handled everything it was made for. I think it's pretty crappy when I hear people talking smack about these bikes. They're very affordable for entry into AM/FR and they go for cheap because of a few components that they can skimp a bit on at the lower levels (rear shocks, generic mech discs, etc.) which, in my opinion, isn't a bad thing at all bieng a proponent of the 'replace it when it breaks' philosophy. They're solid frames and that's all you really need to worry about considering everything else can easily be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts