Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 6'1.5" and am considering an '04 dawg in 18"

ride will be for agressive XC (hard trail riding) with occassional drop, and possible urban/DJ

I have a Vanilla 100RL that I think I will switch to 125mm

I am running a 100mm stem

Is this too small? Would I need to run a layback post??

should I suck it up and buy a 19" at twice the price? or get an azonic saber (4-5-6) 19" for the same price as the dawg?

Please help

I don't mind if the cockpit feels a little small, but I still want to be able to ride it uphill and fast on the flat trails.

·
Registered
829 Posts
To small IMO

mp29k said:
I am 6'1.5" and am considering an '04 dawg in 18"

ride will be for agressive XC (hard trail riding) with occassional drop, and possible urban/DJ

I have a Vanilla 100RL that I think I will switch to 125mm

I am running a 100mm stem

Is this too small? Would I need to run a layback post??

should I suck it up and buy a 19" at twice the price? or get an azonic saber (4-5-6) 19" for the same price as the dawg?

Please help

I don't mind if the cockpit feels a little small, but I still want to be able to ride it uphill and fast on the flat trails.
I have the o5 in 18" and would not go smaller fer sure,and iam 5'10" i think you need to try a 19" if possible.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saber it is then

I will just get the saber and run it 5x5 then

·
Registered
829 Posts
Cant comment on the

Cant comment on the Saber but iam really impressed with the Dawg's do it all abillity...one of the nicest rides i have had (and i have had a few in the last few years)

Put it this way i sold my stinky when i tried the Dawg...it was just not versatile enough at 41lbs.

Goe's uphilll well, goes down hill well,jumps good ...hell it does it all quite well its like a baby coiler, with 68 degrees in the head in the 05 model it rocks down the hill...and weighs only 28lbs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My $.02

I have an 19" '04 Dawg Dee-Lux. I'm 6'-2" with a 32" inseam.

I ride both trail and urban 75/25. Sometimes on the trail I think a 20" would have been better but then I lower my saddle a bit, put on the platform pedals and ride around town and I remember it is the perfect fit for me.

Overall, IMO, I think a 18" for you is too small, unless you have a shorter inseam like a 30. I does make a difference.

·
Registered
96 Posts
04 Dawg Dee lux sizing

I am 5 foot 8 inches tall 32 inch inseam and have an 04 18 inch Dawg Dee lux. I have a 100mm stem on it and it fits me perfectly. I can't say enough good things about the bike. I have made quite a few changes, but it never lets me down no matter where I ride it. Mine weighs just a little bit below 28 pounds It's very durable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts