Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an 04 888r for a good deal today. only prob is the compression adjustment knob is stuck and wont turn. also, seems like rebound knob is turning the wrong way for what its doing? rebound is right leg if sittin on the bike? anyideas on what could be up with it. also, i pulled the knobs and the rebound knob, underneath theres the female part where the allen screws in, it sits lower in the top cap than on the comp side. this mean anything? thanks alot

·
Registered
287 Posts
Comp on left side, rebound on right. If you look at the top cap (silver) there is a small allen screw in the side. Loosen that and see if the knob turns. If so, you are set. If not, I would unscrew the top cap, push the stantion down, and see if there is anything funky going on. I bought a used 888 off ebay and did an oil change. When I pulled the top cap I saw that the previous owner had unscrewed it from the cartridge and hadn't put it all the way back on. It was BARELY holding! If your fork is new I gues you should just take it back to the shop. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.