Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cereal Killer
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04/05 Fox F100 RL fork, and the last time I rode, I kept thinking my headset was lose. Come to find out, the fork has some slight play between the slider and stantion tubes. Is the fork just in need of a seal replacement, or may something more be wrong? It still feels great, but just has that little bit of play. If it's just the seals, I'm probably going to go with Enduro seals, as I've replaced seals on some other forks with these with great results. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
As far as reading this forum, replacing the bushing is a pro job with pro tools (not sure what that really mans). Ya my 05 RLC, on spring stack side, has had slight play I now have a wide (1/3 of an inch) area of grooves right where bushing strokes. I figured there is nothing I can do in short of chanig the bushing AND the stanchion. That would probably cost me as much as a new fork. Since it is in the spring side, I just gave up and ride it till it really dies. It should not be a big deal as long as I make sure there is enough oil in there.

Did you take it apart to see if you are getting the groove on stanchions? If so, which side?

·
Cereal Killer
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't taken it apart yet to see if there are any grooves. There shouldn't be, as it just started doing this. I haven't really been able to ride this past year, except for a few times, and only noticed the play on the last ride. I really hope I can fix this, as I don't have the money to get a new fork right now, and it's such a nice riding fork. O'well, maybe when money allows, I'll experiment and see if I can fix it or not. If not, a new fork is always nice to shop for. ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.