Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
always learning
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 03 Enduro Comp for a few months now. When I got it originally my intention was to ride XC, and Snow Summit XC/DH hybrid trails. As time has gone on I've been getting more into dirt jumping and urban assault as well. I just want to make sure that my stock setup will be able to handle the drops (started with a foot, up to almost 3 now). I'm not really worried about the frame but more so the suspension components.
I'm 6'1", 175 lbs.

Thanks,
--Taylor

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
tgreathead said:
I've had my 03 Enduro Comp for a few months now. When I got it originally my intention was to ride XC, and Snow Summit XC/DH hybrid trails. As time has gone on I've been getting more into dirt jumping and urban assault as well. I just want to make sure that my stock setup will be able to handle the drops (started with a foot, up to almost 3 now). I'm not really worried about the frame but more so the suspension components.
I'm 6'1", 175 lbs.

Thanks,
--Taylor
if you want to start hucking, dirtjumping, or FR/DH, dont waste money on upgrading the enduro...i suggest you buy a second bike, like mabey a bighit comp(2004) for doing all the heavy stuff you want and still have a lighter bike for the XC/enduro trails... you will have a much easier time doing hucks and urban stuff on a bike that is built to handle that kind of abuse...the bighit comp is a great bike for doing stuff like that and when you start to go bigger, you can upgrade to larger suspension...the expert is a good buy too. 1inch more travel front and back...hope i helped...

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
I agree, maybe think about getting a HT for urban/DJ. Kona, Spec, Norco etc all make affordable HTs for this purpose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts