Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a killer deal on an '03 AC1. I rode it, and it was pretty darn rideable for a long travel bike.

Is there anything to watch for on these bikes? Linkage bearings? Common cracks? Fork blowout?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
honkinunit said:
I can get a killer deal on an '03 AC1. I rode it, and it was pretty darn rideable for a long travel bike.

Is there anything to watch for on these bikes? Linkage bearings? Common cracks? Fork blowout?
Watch out for downhill/technical thrills, smiles pasted on your face. I ride mine HARD, normally on very rough, rocky technical terrain. Drops, ledges, lifts, etc. I broke an NRS frame and an '02 AC-1 frame (size small broke at seat tube junction with the top tube, there was no gusset on the small '02's and earlier).

The '03 has been outstanding and solid as a rock. Lock-tite your pivot screws - mine would back out ocaisionally until I lock-tite'd them. The Firefly fork is awesome...beefy, plush and light. I ride mine as an all purpose XC/DH/Freeride bike and it works great at all three. A bit heavy for XC...hey - that which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger (and only puts off the inevitable anyways).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.