Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have either 03 0r 04 Foes FLY with Curnutt Ti shock. I bought it new from a out-of-town bike about a year and half ago and have the rear setting at 6.5" travel. Does changing the shock mount to 7" or 8" travel change the head angle and BB heght? Also how can I tell if my frame is 03 or 04 model? Can I tell from the s/n?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Kool bike

The 03 floating brake kit is sandwitched inside the seat stay with no parts outside of the seatstay while the 04 floating kit has a round silver knob called the left nut that is outside the chainstay. Another thing is that my first year shock tunnell wouldn't fit the curnut so it came with a fox.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Changing the travel doesnt change the BB or HA that much. You probably wont even be able to tell. I ran mine for a 1/2 year in the 6.5" mode till I looked at the manual and figured out it wasn't in the 8" mode. Post a pic of where the floater attaches by the hub and we should be able to tell you what year it is. You MIGHT have to change the spring if you run it in the 8" mode because it changes the leverage ratio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.