Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of nights ago my wife parked the car in the garage with my XCE on top. Racks are blown up and the car has $3200 in damage. The XCE "seemed" to have survived. I took the bike to my LBS that I trust very much and things seems to have checked out with the frame. The bike hit on the handle bars and the head tube(right on the badge) and the tray snapped and it all fell on the ground. My question is...there is no visible frame damage and everything lines up properly, but has anyone had experience with frame probles arising a week or two afterwards? I think I will be sending the frame off to Turner for inspection and an xray to take a closer look. Just curious if anyone else has had problems creep up on them after the fact. I don't want to feel like I can't ride the bike just as hard as I always have because of any unknowns. Turner bikes are tough as hell!

thanks-

·
Registered
52 Posts
IdahoBiker said:
Couple of nights ago my wife parked the car in the garage with my XCE on top. Racks are blown up and the car has $3200 in damage. The XCE "seemed" to have survived. I took the bike to my LBS that I trust very much and things seems to have checked out with the frame. The bike hit on the handle bars and the head tube(right on the badge) and the tray snapped and it all fell on the ground. My question is...there is no visible frame damage and everything lines up properly, but has anyone had experience with frame probles arising a week or two afterwards? I think I will be sending the frame off to Turner for inspection and an xray to take a closer look. Just curious if anyone else has had problems creep up on them after the fact. I don't want to feel like I can't ride the bike just as hard as I always have because of any unknowns. Turner bikes are tough as hell!

thanks-
That's a shame, but it sounds like it could have been worse,if fork frame do check out now I would'nt be worried ,no dents right?
Keep an eye on it keep it clean, look for hairline cracks but you should be okay

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
I would replace the handlebar and maybe the stem, otherwise, if it checks out, it should be fine. The only other thing which would make me nervous would be the steerer as it could have been weakend by the impact, but quite possibly it is just fine.

_MK

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yea, I know...I've got a 02' RFX and don't need another bike now. No use for XC bike now...maybe when I hit my mid-fifties :p

SPAM :eek:
Anybody need to upgrade an old Turner to a disc brake, brake-stay? The one on the frame above was nearly new before the incident and it's unharmed.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
those are some pretty harsh biskets yous guys. im sorry to hear the tales as it happened to me too but i got off lucky with no damage and it wasnt my car. $600 bucks for a spot or a new rfx sounds nice. cummon t, go for it! too bad i didnt know about that rear before. i mighta talked to ya.

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
cactuscorn said:
$600 bucks for a spot or a new rfx sounds nice. cummon t, go for it! too bad i didnt know about that rear before. i mighta talked to ya.
Unfortunatelly it is the other way around, new spot - $600. Wish it worked the way you describe ;)

_MK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.