Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone list the differences between the 02 vs.04 (755, 756) models of the XT front hub.
looking to throw a cheap (mech) front disc in front.

1 Are either or both compatable w/ avid mech discs? If not, alternatives?
2 Is the 244g weight of this hub include the skewer.Shimano includes skewers in hubs, right?

have been avoiding disc for so long. Interested in a taste. On my B bike of course. Of course.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Grande said:
can anyone list the differences between the 02 vs.04 (755, 756) models of the XT front hub.

2 Is the 244g weight of this hub include the skewer.Shimano includes skewers in hubs, right?

have been avoiding disc for so long. Interested in a taste. On my B bike of course. Of course.
All the forks will work.
The Avid Mech rotor will work.
The 756 (black) hubset is about 100 grams lighter than the silver 755 xt disc hubset.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Grande said:

I don't think those weight differences are correct. See this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=29858

Wombat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.