Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ive got an 02 bullit and am loking at a fork for the bike. it has a 7 1/2 in steerer, will this be to short? it has an integrated stem though. i cnat compare to anything b/c i dont have a fork on the bike currently. thanks guys!

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
ScottJensen said:
hey ive got an 02 bullit and am loking at a fork for the bike. it has a 7 1/2 in steerer, will this be to short? it has an integrated stem though. i cnat compare to anything b/c i dont have a fork on the bike currently. thanks guys!
Dual crown fork with an integrated stem? If so it's probably OK. The head tube length depends on the frame size though, and you didn't say.

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
ScottJensen said:
ahh, didnt realize that. its large. and ya its a dc, 888
OK, I can help you out a bit.

I've got a large 01 Bullit with a Pig DH pro headset and the stack is just a hair under 6.5 inches.

I've also got an 06 888rc2x on a different bike the top crown is 5/8" thick, and the integrated stem looks to be about 3/4" thick.

So that's around 6.5 + 0.625 + 0.75 or 7.9" for the steerer to go all the way to the top of the stem. With a 7.5 steerer worst case it would be .3 to .4" from the top. I'd think that would be OK, but some might argue. Personally, I like the stem sticking out the top of the stem and I put a spacer on it.

BTW, the Pig DH headset is pretty tall, you might having something shorter which would help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.