1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I pick the one that fits you the best, and is preferably the cheapest in good condition.. They are both pretty low component grade bikes, so keep that in mind. It really comes down to size and condition. They both look pretty clean, and I like the specialized better, but that's personal preference. Have you considered bikes direct? A few bucks more and it'll be brand new and have better gear.

You can find a bike with a suntour crap fork and spend 200 more and use the suntour upgrade program and get a decent air fork. Yeah that's a plan.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
A few other potential options:

Cannondale F500-TEAM BLUE!!!

Gt full suspension

2007 specialized rockhopper mountain

Novara Mountain Bike - 18" - disc brakes

Alloy frame Mountain Bike 24 spd - Excellent Condition

I see you live in Dracut - man you're in luck as far as good local riding goes. The Lowell-Dracut forest easily has some of the funnest trails in the state IMO. You've also got Great Brook in Carlisle and Russel Mills in Chelmsford very close by, which are both great places to ride too. Your local NEMBA chapter (Merrimack Valley NEMBA) is super active and build lots of sweet trail and do a number of regular group rides. Totally worth running into those guys. Also, a NEMBA membership will get you a discount at most local shops. Good luck and hope to see you out there.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Prices look a little high to me.

I'd be leaning toward the Hardrock. Trek 4-series bikes have a weird fit.

IME, odd sizes are usually equivalent to the next even size. So the Hardrock you're looking at should be fairly similar to a 16". Where'd you come up with that number?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! thanks for the advice... both of you! Super helpful. yes! Dracut is a great place to be to get into the sport. I live right on the edge of a sanctuary here with a pretty fun 3 mile singletrack that I can't wait to get out on.

Sunday river is my favorite ski mountain, btw. When I get some skills I'll have to check out the mtb park!

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts