Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Semper Fi
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a drop in shock available to use? Or if anyone knows the dimensions, I can co browse the classifieds or ebay for a used rig.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ive ridden a 98' Joshua XO with a rockshox deluxe rear shoch, and it seemed that the remote lockout mounted ont he handlebars barley worked at all. So i wouldnt be too dissapointed to lose it if i were you lol,but mabey yours worked..

·
Semper Fi
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speedub.Nate said:
Losing the Rock Shox Deluxe was the best thing to ever happen to my Joshua(s).

You'll find an inexpensive Cane Creek AD-12 to open up a whole new range of meaningful tuning. They'll even take your old shock as a trade-in.

Do you have a link or additional details? I'm not familiar with Cane Creek.

Thanks

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Go to www.CaneCreek.com and look under their shocks section.

I've been using their shocks since about '98, and I've this to say: they're affordable, reliable, adjustable, lightweight, and easy to service at home with no special tools. Their customer service is top notch. They're air damped, which isn't the most sophisticated damping medium in the world, but what they lack in a certain fluidity and consistancy, they make up for in simplicity.

Of course there are tons of other options out there, and you could go whole-hog with an advanced platform valving system on the current Fox, Manitou, Progressive, etc. shocks.

Rest assured that pretty much *anything* you mount to your Joshua will be a notable improvement over the stock Deluxe.

·
WooHoo Biking!!!!
205 Posts
I actually just replaced mine with a Cane Creek Cloud 9. You can trade your old shock up with Cane Creek and then get a new one for $225. It makes a big difference. It is much lighter and more supple than the Rock Shox Deluxe. If you call them, they will build one up for you with the exact specifications.
The specs for your frame are:
Eye to eye: 6.5"
Stroke: 1.5"
Eyelet Width: 22.8 each end.
6mm bolt.
Good luck!
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts