Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grabbed this because I thought it would look nice naked and I wanted one 26er to play with. Going to look for a place to acid bathe it , then I may polish? I plan on doing a full XTR build, it has a rear derailleur already. Thinking I’ll grab the 970 shifters. Not sure which fork to get to replace the modernized magura. Rock shox SID ti race? Should I just get a new mavic wheel for front or different wheelset? Ideally find a synchros stem and seatpost, and a flat handlebar. Thanks for checking it out here’s the before pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking forward to seeing the finnished product. A Xizang and a Psyclone were on my wish list back when I was a GT dealer in the early to mid-90s, but I never pulled the trigger. I do really enjoy my current titanium mountain bikes.
Thanks sgltrak, pretty sure I was reading some of your comments on this forum the other day. Perhaps about a Moots. I have a Mooto X singlespeed that I'm getting ready to hit some trails with too. Got the Ti bug and I'm hoping it stops soon. Anyone able to identify the other Ti bike in the pic above gets a surprise via Venmo.

·
slow
8,155 Posts
Thanks sgltrak, pretty sure I was reading some of your comments on this forum the other day. Perhaps about a Moots. I have a Mooto X singlespeed that I'm getting ready to hit some trails with too. Got the Ti bug and I'm hoping it stops soon. Anyone able to identify the other Ti bike in the pic above gets a surprise via Venmo.
I can't tell what that ti road bike is in the photo, but the seat cluster area looks pretty nice.
Yes, I was probably commenting about a Moots. I have a couple of MootoX YBBs and an older 26" Ybb SL.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally can see the welds! Paint was chipping at the seatpost so I pulled a bit off. Rest of paint coming off soon, need to get a strong aircraft stripper. Funny enough I saw this exact bike on top of a car the other day. Had to look close to make out the Zaskar on the top tube, same color scheme!

Attachments

·
Sneaker man
3,802 Posts
Yeah the zaskar and xizang of 99 came in this colour.
If you search enough there was someone on retrobike uk that did the strip of the paint. IIRC once the paint is off, they arnt polished, so come u a bit different to normal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks mate! Yes I plan on doing a brushed finish with some Scotch brite I use for another bike. Am looking for the m952/3 set at the moment. Bike has a 952 rear and front derailleur but have a few scratches on them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.