Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
ups and downs
15,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have the first major new bits for my new Rocky Mountain Element Team build, a nice selection of ƎNVE/ƎDGE components.

XC wheelset with DT Swiss 240S hubs and 15mm front axle: 1340gms
seatpost 30.9mm x 400mm: 183gms
stem 100mm x 6d rise: 119gms
Sweep Bar cut to 685mm width: 165gms.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Nice. Are those the new tubeless rims?

·
ups and downs
15,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No they're the standard clinchers, but that's OK as I'm happily running the elusive and near mythical Eclipse tubes. :thumbsup: :D The UST compatible clinchers were estimated at 6 weeks away from delivery.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,913 Posts
Ummmm, the brand is ENVE, not 3NVE.... they just print the first E reversed....

·
ups and downs
15,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
DeeEight said:
Ummmm, the brand is ENVE, not 3NVE.... they just print the first E reversed....
I know, but there's no backwards Ǝ on my keyboard. Jeez, where did the sense of humour go in this forum? Canadians are supposed to have a sense of humour. :skep: :rolleyes:

·
gone for a bike ride
1,973 Posts
very nice, looking forward to seeing your build progress

when enve get around to it i bet they are going to make really brilliant cranksets too

a 36 star ratchet will drop 10g from the solid 18 star that ships with the 2010 240s

...are those aerolites?

·
Registered
183 Posts
rockyuphill said:
Canadians are supposed to have a sense of humour. :skep: :rolleyes:
Too bad. On the basis of that highly selective single post I have now firmly fixed the idea in my head that people from Canadia have absolutely no sense of humour ;)

Nice wheels btw. Very nice. When do we get to see the complete build?

·
ups and downs
15,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gixer7 said:
Too bad. On the basis of that highly selective single post I have now firmly fixed the idea in my head that people from Canadia have absolutely no sense of humour ;)

Nice wheels btw. Very nice. When do we get to see the complete build?
The frames aren't arriving before the new year now. :cryin:

·
gone for a bike ride
1,973 Posts
rockyuphill said:
This rear hub is supposed to have the 36T ratchet, I haven't checked yet. The spokes are Sapim CX Rays.
good luck with that! :thumbsup: ...but there's no mention on the dt swiss website

a rear 2010 240s earlier in the year came kitted with a 24g heavy duty star - even the 190s that arrived the other week came with just a hollow 18t star rat

might be good to have the standard star as a back-up, there are known engagement issues with the hollow 36t - i've had a warranty replacement set already from dt swiss to replace some that had err issues

·
bike rider
5,549 Posts
I'm building a total go-for-broke bike but I'm not sure about splurging for the carbon rims when Flows are so much cheaper, about the same weight, and have treated me well. Since I've somehow gotten my head around $1000+ forks and $2500+ frames I'll eventually get used to the idea that rims no longer cost sub $100.

Besides Edge and DT are there any other wide carbon rims for AM/FR use?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts