Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Slxrp3mnop

It'll save about a pound but more importantly you'll be able to lower the seat more for drops and steeps. The rising rate of the air shock will take some tuning to feel close to the coil but it should make it a better climber. And it's cheeper than a new frame so I don't see a huge problem. I changed to a Romic on mine and it was a bunch better on steeps and drops but just as heavy and I had to shim the tower out to fit it but it was fun.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
slowrider said:
It'll save about a pound but more importantly you'll be able to lower the seat more for drops and steeps. The rising rate of the air shock will take some tuning to feel close to the coil but it should make it a better climber. And it's cheeper than a new frame so I don't see a huge problem. I changed to a Romic on mine and it was a bunch better on steeps and drops but just as heavy and I had to shim the tower out to fit it but it was fun.
RP3 on SLX will work. The air shock will give it better bottoming resistance and the platform will make it ride much better plus you save a pound...nothing to loose here except weight.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Well I asked Intense about putting an air Swinger in there a while back and they recommended against air shocks because the Uzzi's rising rate suspension would make it difficult to use all the travel on the air shock towards the end. A few people have done it though and say they like it and it works just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.