Sun-Ringle Single Track Wheelset

• Rim: 24 or 26" Singletrack

[Apr 03, 2019]
PANDAXPRESS57

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid ..Wider profile gives gripier performance ..

Heavy for the part ..Bounce back is slow when using bigger and heavier tyres because of that and it takes some effort to start rolling compared to the lightest rims around ..

Price Paid:
2008
[Feb 07, 2012]
g

OVERALL
Strength:

utterly bomb proof. fit and forget

for the moey none really

Im an average wieght but ive used these on a 7 inch travel freeride bike. These came as stock and while the generic hubs died these rims wont give up. For three years I lernt to jump on them, building up to 30 foot gaps, run downhill tracks and ridden the alps and despite my best and clumsiest attemts to taco them they are still running true. Dropping the bike, casing landings and genrally getting it wrong have done nothing to them. Im sure there are many more suitable rims but i thought id run them tell they die, looks like they may outlive the frame.

mavic 729 rims

[Jul 13, 2010]
h82crash

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, affordable, light for strength/price

Decals. Sun, either put nice ones on or leave them off.

I'm 6-1, 250 with gear and ride pretty aggressive XC. 2 foot drops are no problem. I don't mind the weight if they hold up to my clyde ass. My set is about 2550 grams. Strong build with XT hubs from BWW. Still true. Can't believe a set this strong is $120. If you need some strong wheels and aren't a weight weenie, these are for you.

Ritchie, Specialized

[May 13, 2010]
envylouis

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong and stiff , fast wheel with the XT hubs . Not any flexing noticeable .

A little heavier than my friend's MAvic 317 and my stock wheel but i wont loose sleep over it .

Came as a set with Shimano XT hubs , Wheelsmith spokes . Been jumping and hopping around with it at local trails . So far it hold up . Trued the rear wheel once as i accidently slammed it to the curb on the road at the side of the wheel . Bottomline is this wheel can take abuse if one can handle it smoothly . riding smooth , neat landing after a drop off or hopping is the key . I'm using it as my XC bike setup that i wanna do more with it . Things that i called progressive XC sorta ^^ .

Weinmann Zac19 .

[Nov 21, 2009]
AlexJK

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, inexpensive.

Lacks bling factor

All the people who have issues have a bad wheel build, cause i'm a 230 lb freerider (and yall should google Tower Trail in SLO) and i have has no issues whatsoever. They are good rims. Not the lightest things in the world but for $200... you're set.

Azonic Outlaws

[Apr 23, 2009]
matthew13sanderson

OVERALL
Strength:

nice light weight rim perfect for street bikes or larger trials bikes

probablly would brake if you took it downhilling and went off a 15 foot jump a few times

these are excellent nice light weight rims perfect for street bikes. they also have a good look to them and come in different colors.

[Mar 03, 2009]
billy bob

OVERALL
Strength:

very rigid, soaks up hits over and over

none yet

These came stock on the bike and still roll as smooth as when I got the bike. I use my Giant Reign for crosscountry and pull out the hardtail for big hits. I have a stiff 6 inch fork up front and I beat the crap out of this bike. I spend all summer downtown indy riding concreate hitting 20 or more 2-5 foot drops to flat each time I ride. I've also hit some 10 footers with blind rollin landings. I've had them trued twice in 4 years. Honestly I think it comes down to how smooth you ride. Im 5'8 165 and never had any problems with this wheel set.I dont know there msrp But im thinking about mating them to a set of fox float 36 rc2 forks for my Reign.

many different top end wheel sets

[Jan 24, 2009]
Rabbid-mongoose

OVERALL
Strength:

Bombproof, relatively light weight.

Decals and tire levers don't mix with wire bead Kenda's. The drop center isn't quite deep enough to take off wire bead tires.

I have been riding very hard on these wheels for the last 2 years. I have only needed to get them trued up one time. I weigh about 175 in full gear, and routinely flat drop these anywhere from 4-8 feet(usually onto pavement). I trail ride these on very rocky trail in the mountains here in Japan. I even use these when I race DH. These are great wheels, and I recommend them to anyone looking for a good all around strong rim, who doesn't wanna spend a fortune.

Azonic Outlaws, Sun Ditch Witch.

[Jan 10, 2009]
Turner rfx

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap

Bend super easy! I just got a flat spot in the rear rim. Nothing good about them at all.

Dont by these rims! Unless you are just doing some casual all mountian riding they will be fine but other wise there terrible for dirt jumping or downhilling.

nothing compares to its carppyness!

[Dec 19, 2008]
Oliver Leon

OVERALL
Strength:

Not too expensive and no serious problems. I bought the rim built on a redline hub w/ 20mm axle.

They do tend to get out of true bit nothing that I wouldn't expect by the way I ride.

Good rim form the money. Ride it hard and you will need to true every once and a while as expected.

Sun rims S.O.O

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.