Sun-Ringle Disc Jockey Wheelset

• Spokes: 14/15 Gauge Double Butted

[Jul 18, 2007]
Juice

OVERALL
Strength:

light, black, disc specific

I wanted to upgrade from v-brakes on my piece of crap 04 Fisher Cake 2. I was a bit sceptical about such a cheap pair of wheels, but I was on a tight budget. Disc specific are usually stronger and lighter than the old ones because of the arched rim design so I went for it. I abused the hell out of these wheels so far for a year. They have seen several foot drops at porcupine rim Moab, slickrock, abuse in Fruita and all over Colorado. Why they have not blown up with a 185lb. rider and a camelback, I can not explain. They do need a serious trueing but that is expected. I have had an unbelievable experience with these wheels and was sad to see them go last week when I sold my bike.

lots of bontragers race and select, cheap alex

[Sep 25, 2006]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

Hubs spin soooo smooth. Pretty strong. I've taken 4ft drops and no bends yet. That cool buzz sound when coasting.

Rim profile is kind of cheesy looking but they are real easy to clean.

Can't beat them for the price. Sure Cross-Max wheels are really nice but at least twice the price. If your not a racer these will work just fine.

CR18's, Rolf Satelites (very strong as well)

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.