Stans NoTubes ZTR Flow 29er Wheelset

ZTR Flow 29" WheelsetThe Flow rim represents unparalleled stiffnessTo weightThanksToThe innovative internal arch design. MoreThan capable for heavy dutyTrail use, all mountain riding and even havingTwo World Cup Downhill championshipsTo it’s credit,The Flow continuesTo impress. Featuring BSTTM (Bead SocketTechnology) Front wheel convertibleTo QR using kit ZH06 Front wheel convertibleTo 15mm using Kit ZH05 YellowTape and valves installed Total Weight: 1870 gramsMax recommended ride

[Jul 25, 2012]
joesrepsol

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid, Dependable, Wide, Tough

None that I have found

Like everyone else has said... GREAT Wheel. I broke spokes on other wheelsets, and finally broke down to order a set of Flow 29ers, Hope Pro II hubs, and 32 spokes (dt swiss). Real weight (yes, i said "real") came in right at 1970 grams and I couldn't be happier. Unbelievably solid feel under the bike, wide footprint that allows more air volume in the tire. Turns great, and I truly don't even think about my wheels anymore. Straight as the day I had them built... almost a year and 1,500 miles now. I'm 260lbs and aggressive... and they take it and ask for more.

[Jun 26, 2012]
Big Tiki

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, stiff, works well with all tires tested so far.

perhaps weight, but for the money, they may be a perfect balance of strong and light.

I have two sets of the Stans' Flows - one with Hope hubs, the other with the ZTR. If I were building another set, I would skip the ZTR hub and spend the money for another Hope hub (or perhaps a Chris King, I9, etc.). But overall, the Stans Flow is a great wheel for the price, especially for a heavy rider who wants to roll over everything without worrying about his wheels.

[Apr 10, 2012]
liteandfast
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, strong, easy build

NA

I have three sets of these Flows on different bikes. These provide a nice wide tire footprint on my 29er, the BST is great they set up tubless very easily. The decals don't fall off. They stay true for quite a while.

[May 19, 2011]
xjpart2

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, durable, very very easy to set up tubeless

I would recommend these rims hands down. Was deciding between the Velocity Blunt and the NoTubes Flow to wrap around Hope Pro II hubs. No regrets, and would make the same decision again today.

WTB Laser Disc and Salsa Delgado both set up tubeless

[Aug 01, 2010]
simsob23

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, precise, strong

A nightmare to mount certain tires

Very good rim, solid and capable of taking a serious beating in some rocky trails. However an absolute nightmare to try to mount certain tires yourself. It took me almost 3 hours (I am obviously not a mechanic) to remove one and put the new one on. Unless you have experience and the right tools, you have to rely to your local shop. A concern I have is in case of a larger cut out on a trail that I am not sure I would be able to fix it.

I am 50/50 in recommending these wheels. The value is there but I can't give it 5 "chilis" because of the "do it yourself' limitations. The overall rating is 3, because of the possibility that I could be stranded with a cut tires that I can not fix on the spot.

None other, this is my first mtb

[Jun 16, 2010]
boldiges

OVERALL

I have destoyed two other 29er wheelsets in the past year. This wheelset has performed better than I have ever dreamed it would. It also game me the opportunity to easily convert to a tubeless setup making my adventures even that much more enjoyable. I'm a slim 245lbs and these rims are taking everything I'm throwing at them.

They rock! Go Stan's!

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.