Specialized Roval Control SL 29 Wheelset

The 29" version of our Control SL, with unique molded carbon rim, is an insanely light and stiff, 29er-specific XC race wheelset.

• Rim Type: clincher, tubeless ready
  • Rim Material: carbon fiber
  • Rim Width: 28mm, external
  • Front Spoke Pattern: radial/3-cross (1:1)
  • Rear Spoke Pattern: 3-cross (1:1)
  • Spoke Count: 32 front and rear
  • Spoke Type: DT Revolution/Aerolite
  • Nipple Type: DT Pro Lock hexagonal
  • Front Hub: carbon/alloy body, 15mm thru-axle and 24/28mm QR end cap options included
  • Rear Hub: CNC machined alloy body, high-quality DT 240 internals with ratchet system cassette, 135/142 end cap options included
  • Bearing Type: sealed cartridge
  • QR: Roval Ti

[Jan 27, 2014]
Jason
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong(I am 200lbs with gear on)
Light
Lightning fast engagement, low rolling resistance
Great looking

These wheels will make your bike faster lighter and better looking
Isn't that what we all want
I have four sets of Roval Carbon 29 wheels
No I do not work for Specialized
Buy these if you want a great wheel set and still have some money left for other cool stuff
Don't buy these If you have to have to have the E wheels and spend twice as much

Roval Control 29 wheelset

[May 17, 2012]
cyclingmagnet

OVERALL
Strength:

Super strong and durable wheels, Light weight and stable/stiff. High strength to weight ratio.

only one small thing I could find, can not remove valve core to add more stans. no big deal though.

I have ridden these 29er wheels hard and they have withstood the punishment. Amazing light weight wheel set. (1440 gr) This is the best upgrade you good do for you self. saved 2 lbs of rotating weight going to these and they ride stable/stiff. No flex like on some lighter weight alloy wheels. Priced competitively or lower than some of the other carbon wheels out there on the market. Don't be afraid to pull the trigger on carbon wheels. They are here to stay. I rode these 112 miles in rocky technical terrain and they held up beautifully. Totally sold on these wheels. I weigh 150, but I think they make even more sense for heavier riders looking for a light weight wheel set and get the strength and stiffness.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.