Mavic Crossride Disc Wheelset

Entry level at Mavic always means quality, efficiency, reliability and incredible value! Reinforced alloy rims High quality FTS-X freehub body for quick engagement Smooth rolling QRM bearings Straight pull bladed spokes sliceThe wind Approximate weight rear 1020, front 880 "15 mm" version works with 15mmTA front fork and QR rear "QR" work with standard QR dropouts front and rear Compatible with 8/9/10 speed SRAM orShimano cassettes RecommendedTire size 1.5-2.3" Includes rimTape

[Jun 05, 2018]
jsncs

OVERALL
Strength:

Own a couple of these for my road MTB. I would say they are value for money! Strong after 6yrs of constant usage, requires zero tuning, love the aero spokes! Dunno how some people can break the spokes but perhaps it's the weight. Maybe these wheels are not designed for heavyweights. I'm 80kg, btw ...

None for me....

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2014
[Jul 03, 2015]
Eddie

OVERALL
Strength:

Rigid feel , smooth wheel and lighter wheel compare to OEM .

Rigid feel
Smooth wheel
Light
Nice looking

[Jan 13, 2015]
Amanda

OVERALL
Strength:

I am a adventure tour cyclist, many of my routes are serious gravel roads that most 4x4 will not dare, my bike packed up can weigh in at 42kg. Neither am I a light weight but since I have had the Mavic Crossride I have so far never broke a spoke the hubs are still functioning. I am very happy with my wheels and my wheels has cycled South Africa rugged roads for the last year with no hick ups..

None so far

I will definitely stick to the Mavic range, thank you for making my ride trouble free..

[Oct 13, 2012]
mike walker

Strength:

spokes and rear hubs constantly get loose refiecting on brakeing

great price though you cant use them on anything other than street or HP single track

[Sep 02, 2012]
Mick

OVERALL
Strength:

great price, ridden hard in pretty tough conditions and no maintenance required so far.

none yet.

bought wheelset new online at a great price($225 USD) to put on the Trek EX 9.5 I was building two years ago. I ride the rocks and roots of VA and MD very aggressively, some jumps, but mostly XC. I weigh 190 and hammer my bike pretty hard; the wheels have remained totally true and not a peep out of the hubs so far, even with lots of mud and creek crossings. Money well spent!

Mavic 717 disc

[Aug 31, 2012]
Farmer Ted

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth, strong, reasonable weight, great price.

None so far

I recently crashed and destroyed the wheels on my XC bike in the middle of an endurance race. I didn't really feel like rebuilding them and also didn't feel like spending $500+ on a comparable set of wheels to replace them. I found the Crossrides on sale at a local REI for $229 and figured I'd give them a try.

So far I think they're incredible especially given the price. They're reasonably light and way lighter than anything else in this price range. I've finished the XC race season with them and after some fairly burly races in the foothills of Colorado where I live, they're still perfectly true and tensioned. I'm by no means a pro level racer but I've been riding and occasionally racing for 25 years and the quality of these wheels for the price is something I haven't seen before. Since I am capable of building/truing/ maintaining my own wheels, truing isn't really an issue for me like it may be for others but so far, I haven't had to touch these. I also like the fact that the hubs are adjustable so that you can take out any slop that shows up as they wear in.

I set mine up with Stan's No-Tubes and some lightweight semi-slick XC tires and the few hundred grams I saved with that setup makes up for the few hundred grams heavier these are than a $500-600 wheelset. Granted, I'm a smooth and experienced rider and I'm not that hard on wheels so if you're a Clyde or someone who tends to destroy stuff, then these may not be for you. If you have reasonable expectations, then I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'd buy another set in a second.

[May 27, 2012]
edebolt

OVERALL
Strength:

look good, low price $229 at REI, fairly strong and easy to service freehub

not the lightest at 1900 grams

I put a lot of training miles on the two sets I have had. Lots of gravel roads and light trail use but high mileage and they seldom need truing. I am fairly light at 150# and don't abuse them much on the trail. Great for my needs. Only once have I broke a spoke after 2 years of constant service. Also its easy to open up the freehub and lube it or replace the pawls etc.

bottom line they look like much more expensive wheels and with some care last a longtime.

hugi hubs and mavic 517 rims

[May 04, 2012]
jekramerjr51

OVERALL
Strength:

The hub and rim are very strong! No problems!

The spokes! Awful! The first rear wheel I pulled a spoke right through the rim! The second rear wheel I broke two spokes on one ride! This wheel the lbs didnt have a replacement so they sent it back and Mavic lost it! It took 3 months to get a replacement! Good thing lbs had a shop wheel I could use! The wheel I have now I have broken 4 spokes in 3 months. All the spokes have broken at the nipple on the non drive side while climbing! Mavic offered to upgrade the wheels but only at a 20% discount! I dont know maybe it is just too light of a wheel for me? 5'9 240.

I thought I was getting a good deal on these wheels becuse my original plan was just have a rear wheel custom built. I was breaking free wheel hubs on shimano deore,while climbing! A custom built rear was as much as this wheelset! Should have went with my original plan!

[Mar 28, 2012]
Triglav
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, MP3 warranty, sealed bearings, direct pull spokes, not too heavy

functionally none so far, too many stickers so I pulled some off. Not set up for tubeless, but not a deal breaker since I switch tires seasonally.

I bought a rear wheel to replace my DT Swiss stock wheel because I kept breaking the spokes and hub was junk. So far after 6 months of xc and am riding I have had no problems. Wheel is still true. I weigh 185 and fairly aggressive. Since it is very wet and muddy in the winter, I went with sealed bearings that are easy to replace.

DT Swiss that came with bike

[Mar 14, 2012]
vincegt

OVERALL
Strength:

Stay true

Ridden these rims on my Pivot Mach 5, and they have stayed true through the rocky trails in San Diego (Anderson Truck Trail and such) and small jumps in San Luis Obispo. I'm a big guy (6'3, 240) and I'm really pleased with them. If they come as part of your bike build, I don't see any need to upgrade, as they have served me well.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.