Kore XCD 26 Wheelset

• Bearing: New adj. sealed cartridge

[Aug 06, 2007]
edwin widianto

OVERALL
Strength:

- Fast rolling
- nice looking
- suitable w/ shimano rotor and international standard brake rotor
- strong
- Sandvik spokes

- little bit heavier than other products with the same price.eq : shimano wh 775 (xt 2008)
- rim sticker fit not so well
- some spokes fit not so tight.
- not popular

I was not confident to buy this product before, but since I read the the feature from the catalog, the wheelset probably cheaper than other wheelset with 4 bearing. At the other hand, the wheel easy to modified or exchange the component like hub and spokes. I am satisfies with this wheel because it is rolling faster than my old wheel, (Mavic 117, XT hub)

Shimano XT WH 765, FSA 300.

[Nov 06, 2007]
Al

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiffness, brand support (see below), build

Hub (see below)

I managed to cross thread the hub when installing my rotors (Hint: install the carrier - which comes off hub - on the rotor first), but after emailing Kore they sorted out for a replacement hub (at cost) to be sent out to me. Pity Trickbits weren't up to the task. THIS WAS MY STUFFUP, but be careful.
Now had them on for about 6 rides (15-35km off road ea), and am finding them to be stiff as by old 32 spoke, love the rear hub, and they are just about to go in and get a post build tension and true (the rear wheel ended up being shop built).
So far I can not fault them. Would recommend for people after a light - medium duty XC wheels without breaking the bank. They would have got 4-5 if I hadn't of screwed the rear hub, that did tarnish it a bit for me.
Al..

Mavic 717's on Cerits

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.