Industry Nine Cross Country 29 Wheelset

The Industry Nine XC 29 Wheelset offers a tubeless-ready, lightweight alternative for those rolling with big wheels. This wheelset features the lightweight and durable Stan's No Tubes Arch rims. And because they arrive complete with Stan's yellow tape and valve stems, they're ready for tubeless tires right out of the box. You'll get better traction, better stability, and a better ride.The hubs are the heart and soul of the Industry Nine XC 29 wheelset. The shells and axles are machined from 7075-T6 aluminum, and they'll accept a six bolt rotor -- they're both strong and stunning and can be relied upon for years to come. The cassette body is machined from 7068 aluminum for lightness and durability. It features an almost imperceptible 3 degrees of rotation between the 120 engagement points. Any of you faced with technical climbs will understand just how important a performance advantage this is -- no wasted motion and seemingly instant engagement. Out of the box, the freehub delivers a distinctive buzz that mellows with age. And tested beyond 700 ft-pounds of force (like your super-chipped Ford Power Stroke diesel engine), Industry Nine has experienced zero drive mechanism failures. For the cherry on top, Industry Nine uses hardened 17-4 Stainless Steel endcaps -- chances are, they'll outlast you.The stock Industry Nine XC 29 Wheelset is available with matching spokes and hubs in anodized red or black laced to a Stan's No Tubes Arch rim. The front hub is 15QR compatible and the rear uses a standard quick release. If you'd rather have a quick release front hub, we most likely have the small parts on hand to make the conversion, just let us know. If these color options aren't what you had in mind and you'd like something custom, give us a ring or drop us a line as Industry Nine can customize a wheelset in most any color combination on any rim -- it will require a wait of 10-12 weeks though. Skewers are not included. 1740gTubeless 101: The Why and the How Explained.

[Jan 28, 2015]
Seth Botwick

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability looks customer support sound

Best wheels I've ever used. Also world class customer support. Love these guys.

Mavic stans.

[Apr 27, 2013]
scrubber

OVERALL
Strength:

I could write a full review but all the previous positve reviews are spot on
A suggestion is if you have a 9mm regular QR fork than get the front hub end caps to hold a 9mm THROUGH axle (specialized designed it) it will stiffen front steering better.You will have to get the 9mm QR axle separate .Superstar from UK sell a beauty! Cheap...

Pricey,weight could be lighter but I wanted to ride these all the time, very happy....

No problems in a year,carbon rims would be nice because they don't ding,but my Arch EX rims are good so far.have not had to retention spokes at all.Price was around $1200 plus tax,and that was a racer store deal.I wouldn't recommend crest rims,they are to thin and soft.....

Cross max 26, King,and XT

[Feb 23, 2013]
Niner Nation
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Expensive? Yes! but you get what you pay for and that is an Awesome looking, stiff, reliable and self serviceable wheelset, I have the 2012 straight pull red spokes and 15mm hubs with Stan's white ZTR Arch EX 29er hoops set up tubeless.

These wheels must be re-tensioned after the first 25miles and make sure to apply spoke-freeze, to keep spokes from working itself loose. After that it's pretty much maintenance free.

These wheels are amazing, and when rolling it has a nice buzzing noise that's music to my ears. Instant engagement, light and looks Bling!. Installed the i9 XD freehub body myself to accommodate the all new Sram XX1 10-42T cassette. The 1x11 systems is an awesome addition to my Vana White Niner Jet 9 RDO, Ride On!!!!

Easton EA-90XC 29er wheelset

[Dec 09, 2011]
eischman

OVERALL
Strength:

super strong and durable. I wonder which model people have and riding style who complain about durability

I have had a set for well over 5 years and no problems. (I broke 1 spoke) Spokes and hub are Aluminum like most like weight wheels. If you score them or flex them they will crack or break. They must be tensioned properly. If they are not you will weaken the spokes and they will all start breaking. I had a similar problem with c29ssmax wheels

king, xtr, every high end

[Aug 30, 2011]
MultiRider

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff - much stiffer than the stock Specialized wheels
Light
Insanely great engagement
Modular design to fit any axle configuration, so I can take them from one bike to the next
No issues with spokes or anything else

As light as the carbon wheels at half the price and none of the anxiety of "what if I whack them on a rock"

Chris King, Crank Bros Cobalts, Hadley, etc

[Sep 10, 2010]
jmalcolm

OVERALL
Strength:

durable, stiff, light. Very, very fast engagement.
innovative design yet you can still use non-proprietary tools - easy mntc. hardly ever have to true these but when i do it's quite simple. Completely US made and I9 customer support is phenomenal. Easy to adapt, (going from QR to 15m or Left - which I'm considering for example). Finally, let's be honest...they just look cool

had these for two years, running with Stan's Arch rims. I suppose for mtb they're the higher side of pricey but i expect to be running these for another 2 yrs at least. That seems like a really good value to me. i'm still as excited about these wheels as when they were brand new. It's the one part of my bike that just doesn't seem to wear out despite getting the least mntc.

American Classics - light but flimsy.
Hope Pro II built up on Stan's Arch - I liked these pretty well but the wider, non-jbend spokes on the I9's seem to make a big difference for a much stiffer wheel.

[Sep 26, 2008]
druber

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light, instant engagement, customer service

durability, proprietary spokes

These wheels work great when they work. They are light and stiff and really respond when you lay down the power.

Here's the problem...

Issue #1: The spokes loosen up easily. I have to constantly check that the spokes are still tight.

Issue #2: The spokes break easily. If you happen to bend your derailleur and your chain goes into your spokes, you'll be replacing most of them soon. Not great when each spoke costs $5 and are not trivial to get. I finally made a spoke guard (dork disc) and I still break spokes. When you do break spokes, they are a pain to replace.

Issue #3: The springs flared out and lost contact with the pawls. This prevented the hubs from engaging and sucked up a ride.

Issue #4: Cracked free-hub.

Issue #5: Broken axle.

On the plus side, I9's service has been great. Every time I break something, they replace it immediately.

BTW...I'm 180 lbs and I don't do big hucks. I'm a relatively conservative rider.

I'm about ready to sell and get some Kings or Hadleys. I'm just tired of wondering what is going to go wrong next.

[Sep 05, 2008]
MightySchmoePong

OVERALL
Strength:

Instant engagement, pretty stiff. Fantastic customer service, but you'll likely need it.

The rear hub failed on me in less than a year. Had to ship the wheel back to I9 where they replaced the hub. I also broke a LOT of spokes; it seemed that once they got gouged w/ a rock they would break. If you're using Stans this means that you have to puncture the rim tape to get the spoke in. Oddly enough, not particularly light?

Overpriced and over hyped. Most of the people I know who had these have replaced them.

Sold these for a set up handbuilt Chris King hubs on Arch rims. About the same weight; perhaps a _bit_ flexier? Overall a MUCH better wheelset.

[Jul 01, 2008]
lordmontague

OVERALL
Strength:

So Pretty, instant inguagement, Light enough, strong enough and fast enough!

I sold a kindney on the black market to afford them. Just kidding, but maybe they should come out with a mid-range wheelset so I can get a back up in a different color without my woman killing me.

Great wheelset. The guys at I9 are cool and honest. As I qoute Ferris "If you have the means, I highly reccomend picking one up." They make your ride better and they make you a better rider.

Mavic, king, etc.

[Aug 10, 2007]
Dono S.

OVERALL
Strength:

Light,Rigid,Impecable quality and finish.

Beautifuly machined and finished. The hub engages so quickly it makes climbing and technical sections much more ridable. The last set of wheels you will ever buy, barring any launch pad failures. Well worth the price paid !

Mavic Crossmax Enduro

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.