Hope Hoops Pro 2 Wheelset

• Bearing type: Cartridge (61903, 61802, 61804,61902)
  • Hub Body: 2014 T6 aluminium
  • Hole Drilling: 32
  • Cassette body: Aluminium
  • Nipples: 2mm Brass

[Jan 23, 2013]
jparman

OVERALL
Strength:

well, they are light weight, adaptable, (9mm or 15), decent hubs, tubeless...

well, for my 170 pounds the rims are a bit soft and have been dented a few times. been able to bring 'em back though. They are not the stiffest wheels. the rear wheel bearings came a bit tight and required replacement.

I would purchase these wheels again all day, very happy with the performance over the stockers considering the price. Wiggle will run a sale every once in a while and make these wheels an unbeatable value. I believe that you would have to spend twice the money of these wheels to get a meaningful improvement in performance.

[Jul 16, 2012]
spencerfrater1

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough. Strong. Reasonably light. Stiff, responsive steering. Still true after a lot of abuse.

None really, except lost one chili due to price - they're not cheap, but not that expensive either. Noise if you don't like the sweet sound of a Hope hub (akin to an AK47!)

I bought the ZTR Crest rims with these 29er Hope Hoops. Pro 2 hubs. Straight pull spokes on the back and standard at the front. After a few months I adapted the front hub for the DT Swiss thru bolt (9mm front) which came available from another bike. The adapters were only about $25. This made the wheel feel even more stiff and tight. I've used these wheels on my 29er singlespeed and they've taken a fair amount of abuse already. I am not a lightweight at around 200lbs all kitted up, and I have always been dubious about the strength of 29er wheels compared to 26" (after all, that's why MTB started originally on 26" wheels isn't it?). But these Hope Hoops have proved strong and true. No spokes broken yet. I would buy them again.

[May 26, 2011]
midlifechrisis

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth running, reliable, reasonably light, easy to service (apparently), compatibility with different axles & QR's, good value

Hope Hoops come laced to different rims: mine are DT EX500 for slightly heavier duty work. Love them. Compared to my previous wheels which were XT hubs & Sun Ringle rims, they run smoother, don't need servicing anywhere near as often & have not needed trueing after 14 months of continuous use on my only mountain bike. I weigh 220lb & have battered them through rock gardens in Wales as well as regular XC work. I would say that in my club (TROGmtb.com)around half the riders have upgraded to Hopes over the years & I don't know of anyone who has a bad word to say about them. What more can you say!