Enve Composites XC 29 Tubeless Carbon Wheelset

Though the pitched battle between the 26in versus the 29er proponents seems to have ended, the debate between the two can still be a fun topic around the bike shop. Tradition is certainly on the side of 26

[Jul 10, 2014]
King of Pain

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and Strong

None really. You could say price, but you get what you pay for.

First of all, let me say that I am mainly a cross country MTB racer. I have raced MTB for 20 years and Cyclocross for 5 years. I usually win a few races a year in the highest 40+ age categories in both MTB(expert/open) and cyclocross(cat1/2). I usually can podium in hill climbs as well(open category). I'm not a small rider at 6ft 175lbs. I"m not bragging--just letting you know the type of riding I do and my body type. When I read a review I like to know a little about the author.

I've had these wheels for almost two years. They are still true and in good shape. I have broken a few spokes(three spokes) after my chain fell off the inside of the cassette, but other than that I've had no problems with the wheels. I ride a lot of rough trails around Las Vegas(Bears Best, Blue Diamond, Bootleg). In the last few months I've ridden Gooseberry Mesa twice (over 12 hours of riding on a hard tail) and like I said, the wheels are still rolling true with no visible damage. I've ruined two pairs of Stan's Crest 29er wheels during the last two years. I highly recommend these wheels. If I had to replace these wheels I would buy another set of the same wheel. These are excellent wheels.