Ellsworth Rogue Wheelset

It takes a lot to earn the namesake of our freeride machine and it is something we do not take lightly. Like its huckster counterpart, these rims live for Extreme Freeriding and Down Hill Racing. The only wheels worthy of running on our Rogue or Dare, their bombproof design features a 32mm Spherical, eyeleted, taper wall rim with 32 Quad Butted spokes that are 3 cross laced. Ellsworth created an out of bounds wheel that rolls and tracks through the worst conditions like no other in its class. And with more spokes at less weight and a versatile axle system that is built for the most harrowing conditions, you can trust these wheels will get you anywhere you want to go FAST.

[Dec 05, 2017]
RIP FreeRider
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

These wheels are stiff, I have to say coming from the Pricey Sun and Velocity wheel sets, these wheels are strong and seem to be able to take the abuse I have thrown at them. The double wall "V" hoop look and perform as well as expected. The spokes are butted and hold tension well, I have only had to tune them once since I bought them. The Hubs look great, I love the polished look. They roll extremely well and are light, the bearings and cassette are solid. I am happy with my purchase.

if I had to pick them apart to find a flaw, it would be the graphics....you can see that they weren't applied perfectly. I'll take performance over looks anyday

I Like them! Strong Light, and look Good!

[Sep 05, 2013]
rex plunger
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Hubs are nice, smooth and seem to have held up well for three sets of tyres. Wheels seem to be stiff and are not too heavy.

The rim seam on the rear wheel is awful, it has an 1/8" low spot that is noticeable at speed when on road. Paint job is lowry and obnoxious.

Do not buy these - the Rogue is a great bike but these rims are not great. Shame.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.