Easton XC Two Disc Wheelset

• Nipples: Brass rear and front

[Jun 28, 2010]
GuyLePop

OVERALL
Strength:

These wheels are strong, and are still as true as ever after one year of decent riding. I could abuse them more, but I do like rough trails with rocks and I never worry about it.

Nothing yet

Like others have said, you can notice that these wheels are more responsive than the Mavics. And they are still very true and have not needed any adjustment. I would say they are worth the full price, but if you can get them on sale like I did, then it is an excellent investment. The wheels that cost twice as much may be a little lighter, but not really any stronger. I would imagine the Easton offerings for All Mountain and downhill riding would be great for those activities as well.

Mavic 117's

[Sep 18, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, cost, excellent hubs, smooth spinning

Great wheelset for the money if you can get them on sale. This wheelset is super quiet and ultra smooth rolling. I am using them as my commuter wheelset and I use my fulcrum red metal 1 wheels for off road riding.

Fulcrum Red Metal 1, Spinergy Xyclone Enduro

[Jul 13, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Enough stiff for XC use, lightweight, nice hub design, sealed bearings (rear wheel doesn't sound a bit)

A little bit pricey but it's OK

They're amazing wheels. I've used it by 1 year and I can assure this is worth the risk of money. Great to put it on the ground after a jump, supporting the toughest treatment being a simple 9mm. QR Hub-based wheels. I can accelerate with ease thanks to its lightweight and fast rolling behavior. Like a rock for trails, like a feather in rolling...

X Rims (Alex) unnamed model

[Jul 07, 2009]
Kealoha

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, smooth as silk cartridge bearings, smooth and quiet freehub, build quality

None yet

This review is for the 2008 version. I was surprised to find shraeder valve holes on this wheelset but not really an issue. Gets up to speed noticeably quicker and feels stiff while cornering hard compared to the XM117s. Remains amazingly true despite the thrashing I gave these wheels so far. I was a bit skeptical of the strength of this set but now feel more confident after nearly a month of hard use. With good and bad reviews for all wheels in general it's really hard to make choice of the many wheels out there. I'm pretty easy on wheels as I'm light on my feet and would recommend these wheels to any XC or aggressive XC rider out there. I have done 3 foot drops to flat, rutted single track littered with jumps and berms and both wheels are straight as an arrow. Was also considering the AM Havoc but my wallet said XC2 because it was half the price. Hardcore jumpers, FR/DH, aggressive AM or hardtails should look for something with a heavier build. Bottom line...A great looking light weight wheelset that suits my riding style precisely.

Mavic Xm117 OEM

[Jun 07, 2009]
sirtwist

OVERALL
Strength:

Affordable (for the weight and quality)
Factory built means best tensioning
Neat, but discrete graphics

Haven't found any yet, could be lighter but for this money, it's all good.

Bought these for my race bike - perfect for the money. Covered 200 miles on them and so far only the front has a very slight wobble in one place, doesn't require truing yet. Light enough that I noticed the difference in acceleration compared to the Kona OEM wheels I was using originally. Look nice with my Panaracer tyres. Quiet freehub is nice too - those people running Hope hubs are noisy!!!!

OEM wheels

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.