Easton XC One 29 Wheelset

Designed to inspire the most demanding XC rider, the XC One is up to 10% lighter than competing wheels—AND as much as 36% stiffer. This translates into superior control when the trail gets gnarly. You'll feel like you're riding on a rail. Self-adjusting preload makes for easy setup and eliminates wheel wobble.

[Feb 09, 2012]
Hoolie

OVERALL
Strength:

WEAK! Blew up rear hub 6 rides in. Replaced pawls, spring, grease, used torque wrenches and proper tools. Skipped ratchet teeth again on 1st ride after repair. Strength: Easy to work on and Easton Customer Service sends free parts-you will need them. Nice looking internals, very slick design. Also, You will be able to really clean the rest of your bike while your wheels are in the mail.

Really great wheelset for a one legged fool that is about to be parted with their money. Ratchet teeth are too shallow?

Are you kidding? Worst bike product I have ever bought since 1975. I buy alot of stuff over the years and NEVER had such a ridiculous failure. I should have given other reviewers more credit when pointing out this wheelsets shortcomings. If you buy this, SAVE THE BOX! You will also need tape for the box and patience at the post office to send them back to store or Easton for warranty. It could be I am too strong for this wheelset? I seriously doubt it. I think of myself as just below race level rider, Plenty of big guys must be way stronger. Weak, waste of time-set up-repairs-rebuild-take everything apart-box it-mail it-now wait for store credit that I have no use for. I am too scared to try 29er Havens now. My bike with no wheels is sitting in the corner looking sad.

Azonic (great), Shimano XT (super), WTB low end Speeddisc(fantastic product), Bontrager years ago(great), XT 29er(great but flexy)

[Feb 02, 2012]
CoilSpring

OVERALL
Strength:

Great looks, extremely sooth bearings, straigh-pull spokes, nice and light.

Snapped a spoke after riding ON THE ROAD ONLY for less than a month. Easton wouldn't reimburse me for having the spoke replaced by a bike shop mid-ride, the expected me to go without the wheel for two weeks and pay for sending it back to them for warranty repair!

Great looking wheels, smooth bearings, I was really stoked about getting a nice set of Easton factory wheels on PricePoint. Very disappointed about a spoke snapping after a couple of weeks of riding ON THE ROAD and the poor customer support from Easton. Won't be buying another Easton wheelset, ever...

[Dec 17, 2011]
Cycle Nomad

OVERALL
Strength:

Light wheelset

Extremely weak product

Used these for one season. Within two weeks the rear hub blew...I sent it back and it was replaced within a month waiting period.
Broke a few spokes but that's just my wear and tear.
Four months later, rear hub blew again.
When I took it off the bike half of the BROKEN axle fell out too.
Seriously, one season of riding and the rear wheel broken twice! I'm hanging this one up as a decoration and not buying a wheelset from Easton again.
I ride three times a week, in all weather, cross country.
I don't jump at all! I've had other wheelsets for years before they wore out. This has been the weakest wheelset I've ever had...and I've been mountain biking since 1997.

Not a good value if they don't last a year.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.