Easton Heist 27.5 Wheelset

The new Heist in 24-, 27-, or 30-millimeter internal rim widths, is right on-trend and price point to match tire volume and rider preference. Perfect for aggressive riders, the Heist yields greater stability from enhanced lateral support and allows for lower tire pressure for increased traction all within a competitive weight, starting at just 1650grams for a 27.5? wheelset.

[May 15, 2016]
Adil Filoso
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and relatively inexpensive

Flexy, flexy, flexy...

Bad choice for enduro riding with only 28 spokes.

There is not Heist replacement rims on the market.

I bought a pair of Easton Heist 30 27.5 to my Specialized Enduro. I was so excited about them, but after my first race with the new wheels, I realized the Heist with only 28H rims is not so strong for serious riding. From the first revolution my rear wheel always seemed flexy.

I had a bad landing after a jump and the rear rim was destroyed. This kind of situation can happen, but is unacceptable that I cannot find Heist replacement rims on the market, only the ARC 32H ones are available. If you need a new Heist rim, the way is to ask your lbs to place an order with Easton and wait two weeks, besides to pay $ 100 by a new one :/

Easton, never more.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.