DT Swiss XM 1550 Tricon Wheelset

The newTricon M1550 wheels from DT Swiss are a slam dunk - lightweight, strong, USTTubeless right out ofThe box, and a variety of axle optionsTo suitThe various standards in use onTodays full suspension MTBs. Sold individually - order both a front and rear wheel if you needTo outfit a complete bike USTTubeless Tricon hubs with precision sealed cartridge bearings Hubs accept Centerlock-style disc brake rotors; and also include adapters for use with 6-bolt rotors 220 pound max rider weight per

[Feb 07, 2013]
NIGHTHAWKDC5
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

#1 1574 grams low weight
#2 Eye candy! Black rims with logos and white bladed aero spokes are Hot!
#3 So stiff feels amazing on the trails
#4 Fast hub engagement compared to my Mavics

#1 Hard to perform DIY service
#2 Expensive but I paid $450 for a new set! Good luck finding that deal!

DT Swiss have been supplying OEMs with wheels spokes and hubs for some time now. The Tricon XM1550 are freaking awesome on the trail if you're debating to pull the trigger on this wheelset go for it you will love this wheelset. I picked up a new set for only $450 new in box. I've only had a few miles on them so far so I can speak for durability but my previous experience with DT Swiss customer service has been good and I hope they will stand by their product if I experience any issues in the future. If not I will make sure to report my experience to all. Happy Trails!

Crossmax
Crosstrails
Bontrager RL Elite TLR
Bontrager Rhythm Elite 29er
DT SWISS EX500

[May 15, 2012]
torque29er

OVERALL
Strength:

This review is for the wheels that came stock on the Scalpel 1.
Very strong so far.
Stiff and has taken a beating so far.
Great engagement on rear hub.
Over 2500 miles on them and have trued them only twice. That's pretty good for rims on bikes that I've owned.
I weigh 220lb and I'm unfortunately NOT a smooth rider.
They look really nice. Great finish.

1800gr...Not the lightest wheels.
Did not set-up easily with tubeless Racing Ralphs tires.

Wheels came stock on my Scalpel so my value/cost rating has really no merit. They are perfect for me for my riding style. I ride hard so I like the strength of the wheels.
No issues at all with these wheels to date. If your a hard rider, these will fit the bill.

[Aug 22, 2011]
trailpimp33

OVERALL
Strength:

Great rolling hubs, good engagement, light weight, super stiff ride.

None so far!

I was really concerned with such a light weight wheel on my 6" travel bike, but after the first ride I was hooked. I don't know how anyone can say that these are flexy, as these things are really stiff and responsive. More and more bike shops are offering service for these wheels as well so I'm not seeing any issues if they ever need repair. They just wide enough to fit a 2.35 tire (why would ever need more for trail or AM riding) and they weigh less than some others XC wheels!! Win win!

King, Easton, Mavic, Sun.

[Aug 05, 2011]
vandalay711

OVERALL
Strength:

light

Very flexy and requires special tools.

Too flexy and fragile for anything but racing.

DT EX1750

[May 15, 2011]
eiri

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks, Weight

Expensive maintenance. Aluminium freewheel body gets damaged by the sprocket. Special (expensive) tools needed for spoke replacement. You need to service the in a DT Swiss Service centre, that only accepts orders from a shop. So buying this wheelset on the internet is not an option.

The wheelset looks good, but the weakest point is maintenance. That can only be done by a DT Swiss Service Centre. I have some play within a year. I don't recommend this set

Other DT Swiss rims and hubs

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.