DT Swiss EXC-1550 Wheelset

• Super light enduro carbon wheelset
  • Hand made, multiple chamber UD carbon rims, 29 mm wide
  • High end hubs wiht stainless steel bearings

[Jun 02, 2011]
trailpimp33

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light, very stiff. Super durable

None really, well cost!?

These wheels spin up super fast, roll forever, and hold a line like nothing else. For the weight I have never ridden anything stiffer, they are even stiffer than most DH wheels I have tried. They have so far taken more abuse than I would have ever imagined, so no worries about rocks and such. I have flatted a few times and no cracks or delamination. It is hard to ride any other wheel now.

Mavic Crossmax, I9 on DT 5.1, Sun Ringle

[Mar 23, 2011]
buell1450

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Strong, Stiff and Light.... Very sweet package. 30mm rim gives best tire traction-footprint.

Not tubeless compatible. I tried stans without success. I heard rumors that DT Swiss recommends against using any tubeless system. Ratchet engagement not the best. Always in doubt how rim walls will hold up to impacts....

I am very happy so far, widest & lightest carbon AM wheetset out there. Edge composites has a 28mm wide carbon rim (tubeless compatible), but they dont do their own hubs-wheelsets. Industry nine is super sweet, but not as wide or light.
The EXC1550 are definately a noticable improvement on my bike, but for the money you really have to want it..... Bummer you cant go tubeless...

Industry nine AM, Ellsworth AM, CB Iodine & Cobalt, DT Swiss xr400 custom

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.