BombShell Crusher Wheelset

Ideal wheelset for going big. 26" triple wall. 48-hole 14 gauge stainless spokes. Perfect in Downhill, Street, Park. Super trued on a holland lacing machine. Sold as wheelset only.

[Oct 14, 2005]
Scott

OVERALL
Strength:

TRIPLE WALLED 48 SPOKE RIMS. No one makes a stronger rim. I weigh in around 215 without my gear and I have put some serious stress on these rims and they are still perfect. Zero pinch flats, never had to true them, they can handle me and my gear landing REALLY wrong with no problems. I have tested a few other rims like the DeeMax(several different years since the new ones are trash and Mavic is still trying to make a buck off the good ones they made a few years ago) but none can compete. I have tried to bend these rims because I read on a different site that they were "unbreakable" but they can take a lot of really abusive treatment and still look like new. I haven't had to do any maintenence on the rims or hubs other than cleaning them to keep them working and looking like new. Bombshell has AWESOME customer service!

1. Not enough shops carry them.
2. They make everybody elses rims look weak.
3. Since you can't taco them you can't talk trash about them.

All B.S. aside, these rims and hubs are bombproof and have no weaknesses. I have tried to mess them up with 12 foot drops onto flat concrete running Maxxis Highroller tires and Maxxis DH tubes at 40 PSI and not even a pinch-flat.

OK, it's a b!tch to tune my BB7 brakes through the 48 spokes, but it's a little b!tch so I don't mind too much

Unbeatable, unbreakable bada$$ wheels that can take anything you throw at them and come back for more. I built this bike to take anything I can put it through and so far I haven't had any problems. Don't bother with the yellow rims that aren't what they used to be, give these a try and you will never look back. If you put lots of stress on your wheels whether you are a bigger rider like me or you love doing crazy drops or both BUY THESE RIMS. I haven't been able to hurt them yet and they look very pimp.

DeeMax 04, 02, 01 but nothing really compares to these

[Apr 26, 2007]
Colin Mortson

OVERALL
Strength:

ALL

NONE I CAN FIND

I am very impressed with these wheels they are the BEST for the price I would put any rimset against the CRUSHERS are sick. I just started FREERIDING DROPS AND JUMPS and am not smooth at all these take it all I hope to take them on some BIG DROPS soon as I get the SKILL to step up and see what I am really capable of doing. I would recommend these wheels to amyone who wants tuff as they come wheels to BUY EM NOW they are a great upgrade for FREERIDING and HARD RIDERS.

HED DH CARBON

[Mar 30, 2005]
Jim Bear

OVERALL
Strength:

These wheels are so very stiff and strong. I do not know how many times I came up short on some stairs gaps and I do not even have a dent on them . Not that heavy either

If you are very hard on wheels then get them you will not be disapointed they will be the last part on your bike that will break or bend

Atomic trail pimps there where week compaired to these .

[Apr 08, 2005]
LIL bigMAN

OVERALL
Strength:

These rims are great.Very stiff no side flex and have not lost one bit of trueness from the day I first put them on.
I downhill these bad boys on a hardtail an they simply rock!!

Best bang for the buck.Super stiff wheel-set that can can take a beating from my 260lb 6'2 person.If they had a weakness I would of found it by now !!!

mavic's dh wheel set ,sorry no contest the Bombshell Crusher wheel-set is stronger.

[May 13, 2006]
roy

OVERALL
Strength:

all of it !

The frames you put them on

I weight 250 naked and ride HARD (3 dead dee-max and lots of dead spinnergy fall line spokes) these are F ing strong I really Hucked for 2 months before tighting a spoke!!!

NADA, DEE MAX sucked, SPINNERGY sucked

[Mar 28, 2008]
J

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong. Flex-free. Bullet proof. Bomb proof. Indestructible. Sucks you into bigger obstacles. My bike still climbs like it has lighter rims.

Unwarranted reputation for weight. Mysteriously don't have a weighty feel.

Wholly cow! Took them for a spin through uphills, downhills, rock gardens, etc. I thought the weight would be a penalty. WRONG! There was absolutely no weight penalty in the climbs. They're so stiff that every bit of pedal stroke translates into equal forward motion. There's not bobbin', and no flex. These wheels rock! Don't listen to the weight weenies! These won't let you down, and will improve your riding and your bike drastically. Buy them now!

Cane Creek WAMS, Rhyno Lites