Azonic Outlaw Wheelset

Outlaw 26" WheelsetThis is one of our favorite and most popular wheelsets here at Jenson. Why? Super versatile. Front wheel converts easily from quick-releaseTo 20mmThroughaxle usingThe included parts. Use QR with your existing fork andThen switchTo 20mm if you ever upgrade your fork Rear wheel converts from 12mmThroughaxleTo quick-release (again, all parts included). SoTheyre easily adaptableTo your multiple bikes and forks. Theyre also super strong, one ofThe few inexpensive wheelse

[Feb 08, 2017]
a3x_26r

OVERALL
Strength:

strong.adaptable to any spacing.looks

freehub engagement sucks.going tubeless on this requires a valve with a metal back stopper.

dont be fooled by the price and the looks.if you want something that works spend a little more and build it.this is cheap for a reason

good for dh and dj.i dont advice for enduro.
dont expect azonic to be helpful when it comes to problems it will take months to hear from them

[May 30, 2014]
Petti the Yeti

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty tough wheelset, able to take abuse of urban freeride with a 220lb rider. No dents in the rims after several months of beating on them. Hubs are smooth, spokes are still all tight and true.

Rear hub engagement a bit lacking, A little bit on the heavy side.

More rear hub engagement points would be very nice, and the rims could be engineered a little bit lighter at the same strength. Would easily shell out for a $500 set of Outlaw 2.0's if they made these improvements. For the budget minded, I'll recommend these as they are.

[Mar 20, 2014]
bob

OVERALL
Strength:

strong - been running these for about 4 years, mostly cross country but in the summer hit mammoth mountain and big bear for some fun downhill - these puppies have never let me down
reasonably priced

weight - the rim on these seem a bit higher than other rims so getting tires on and off takes a bit

Would recommend these,bomb-proof rims!

[Mar 07, 2014]
T Mann

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong,good price

Good luck finding 15mm conversion for front.couldnt find in stock anywhere.still running stock rim on front until azonic keeps up with demand.seems they could have anticipated demand a little sooner.

Overall good buy costumer service could improve

[Feb 08, 2014]
Tyler Dunn

OVERALL
Strength:

Bombproof, versatile, super stiff, durable, sexy, great hubs

Heavy as f***

I have the original outlaws at 36 spoke, I dont know what the weight is, but i know the newer/lighter version is like 2400g for a wheelset, so I imagine mine are heavier. But other than that, they are amazing, I have had them for over 3 years now and they have not gotten a single dent, bend, or anything in them. You can run these into trees and not have to worry. They can hold any width tire you want to throw on it from 2.1 to 2.5. Definitely worth buying if you are looking for a budget wheelset that will last you forever. Would not recommend for XC or trail riding unless you are okay with the weight

[Mar 02, 2013]
Eddie. C

OVERALL
Strength:

Bomb Proof strength , roll very smoothly & quickly. Very adapable wheel set.

The weight but since I'm 6 ft tall and 220 lbs of Sexiness I can't complain !

I purchased these wheels as a replacement for the stock Bontrager Duster wheels that came with my 2011 Fuel EX . The Duster wheels themselves are very good, its the Shimano hubs that suck and needed constant attention and upkeep that got me fed up with the stock wheels. The Azonic Outlaw Wheels are probably one of the most underrated wheel sets out on the market. They are a little heavy but nothing to keep you from enjoying your ride, about the same weight as my stock wheel set. Their ability to adapt to different configurations and deliver outstanding performance it amazing. I'm an "Aggressive Trail Rider" and have always held back riding the way I like due to the limits of certain components . These are "Serious Wheels" and I would recommend them to anyone who is an aggressive rider or normal size & weight person. If you like your shorts real tight and weigh less than my dog , you probably won't need a wheel set like this.

Bontrager Duster wheel set

[Nov 05, 2012]
p2rider426

OVERALL
Strength:

VERY strong. Great value!

Not incredibly lightweight, but nearly identical weight to the stock rear wheel off of my P2 and many times stronger!

Used this rear wheel on my chromoly P2 DJ bike for several years. I did a lot of screwing around with trials, urban, and downhill style riding too. Never even developed the slightest wobble in 3 years of pretty regular use. I purchased the wheel new off of eBay for around $100 with a box full of axles/skewers/chain tensioners and a new tube and tire too!

[Sep 19, 2012]
Spicy.Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

> Solid
> Versatile
> Durable/Strength
> High Value per Price Ratio
> Good Coating/Anodization

> Not The Lightest, But Still Very Reasonable.

For anyone that doesn't know, Outlaws use ALEX Supra D Rims which are considered by many to be one the best underrated Rims out there. I would definitely say the Rims are the strongest point of the wheelset while the hubs and such are decent and very adaptable to any kind of Sizing, Fitting, etc. I have heard and personally experience some Spokes breaking but they are easily put back in and trued (Rear Wheel, 2nd Spoke Replacement). The Rim itself after 2 years has been straight and true and can take a beating from Trail to DH. Believe me, these wheels have been abused and are still absolutely great. Weight is a little higher but rather know the Wheel won't snap then save some Grams. I also have no trouble taking my FR/DH/AM Bike up steep mountains with a 34T - 1x9 Gearing and wheels, and can always depend on these wheels to perform as expected. Overall, especially for the price, these wheelsets are good and can accommodate multiple changes in frames/components via Adaptors/Axle Changes.

[May 18, 2012]
bmar

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong! These wheels take a beating time after time.

Heavy.

I have these wheels on my all mountain bike and they take a heavy beating in rock gardens and some drops and jumps. They have never let me down and Ive been riding for about a year now. If you are a weight weenie then these arent for you but if you want a wheel that you can set and forget then check these out.

Revolution

[Feb 25, 2012]
ziglaf

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely Durable
Not overly heavy
Fairly cheap
Look good

None really

For what you're paying these are a great deal. Being a bigger rider I have always had issues with rims being strong enough for me. These have been great and I recommend them.

Sun Single Track Rims