Atomik Carbon 27.5 Mod-Hook AM/Enduro Wheelset

The Atomik Carbon 27.5 Mod-Hook AM/Enduro was designed with the enduro rider and hard charging trail riders that prefer the newer 27.5 wheel size in mind. The profile is the same as our AM 29 carbon rim, boasting a wide 33mm width. We feel this offers the optimal design for weight, stability and strength. No single upgrade can equal the performance of a really good wheel set, and carbon fiber is a game changer. The stiffness to weight ratio combined with additional width to better support today’s modern tubeless ready trail tires transforms the ride of a bike like nothing else.

[Apr 10, 2018]
b622r

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiffness Finish Support/Service

-None that I have observed

[Jan 14, 2016]
pcasso87
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

-Strong and True
-Great feel on corners
-Craftsmanship
-Lightweight
-ModHook
-Durable

-They need more Marketing to get their product known
-Wish they had custom color sticker options

Ive had these wheels for 350 miles now of pure enduro abuse on my Nomad. They have gone through rock gardens running 27F and 29R psi with a 197 pound rider and have held no matter the hits. Ive done drops, jumps, and falls on these wheels and they are still true as the day my wheel builder gave them to me. I have managed to scratch my rear wheel on a rock garden but the integrity of the wheel is fine. Super happy with them and they look sick on my nomad. Price of $850 was for the pair of wheels.