American Classic Terrain Disc Wheelset

Every rider should have the opportunity to ride American Classic. The Terrain 26" mountain bike disc wheels are the ideal balance between strength, weight, and performance at an entry level price. American Classic patented six pawl engagement system. Hayes International standard 6-bolt rotor mount.

• Rims: Aluminum
  • Quick Release: Cro-moly

[Oct 25, 2010]
jodiusmaximus

OVERALL
Strength:

reasonably light. lighter than crossrides. different.

a bit flexy. rear hub needed rebuilt after a few races.

i bought these a few years ago but they have not been overly used. lighter than other wheels in their segment but not as stiff. the rear hub needed rebuilt after one particularly muddy race.

crossrides.

[Jun 27, 2009]
ObiJuan

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, affordable...

Rear Hubs are not as durable!

With less than six month of normal trail use, one day there was a squeking sound I thought was coming from my drivetrain. So had them checked by 3 LBS mechanics, cleaned and lubed up, everything seemed okay.

Then me & two of my riding budddies were on our way to one of our favorite uphill climbs to Shotgun trail, when I heard this squeking sound again, getting louder. I stopped to check it out, removed my qr rear wheel, lo and behold, my cassette came loose in my hands due to the hub having been torn out from engagement and the bits of pieces of small metal balls inside the hub were terrible looking. I hailed a taxi (good thing we're still in town, not in the trail proper yet) and went home so devastated!

The follwing days I visited the LBS dealership of AC Wheelsets and the mechanic there said it's the 1st first time ever he saw such damage happening to any wheelset for that matter! Well, good thing it was just two pieces of bearing solution and off I went back to trail riding again.

Now, I'm contemplating on disposing this AC Terrain wheelset of mine for something much better...

Cheers!

None yet...

[Dec 02, 2008]
Captain Australia

OVERALL
Strength:

Good front wheel and rims, light, stayed true

Rear Hub!! Phu#king crap. Blew the freewheel and internals after 8 months, rebuild with the next years parts, blew it after 10 months. OK i am a messenger and i ride 10 hours a day, but that shouldnt matter.

A good wheelset ruined by the worst rear hub ever made, i cant belive that after they had problems with there 05 hub they would relese the next hub without proper testing. For the price you can do better. Cheap Quando hubs lasted longer. Apauled with the quality of the freehub and the internals. As a messenger i need reliability and this certanly anit it. AC will be hearing from me. Its only getting a 'fair' rating because of the rims and the front hub. Do not waste your time.

Mavic crossmax, Alexrims with quando hubs (which lasted longer)

[Sep 22, 2006]
Jan MFEMFEM

OVERALL
Strength:

value for money..ie, stiff, low-key appearance, less pedal effort, a tad heavier than the mtb 350 but altogether makes up for it in strength

minor squeaks due to rotor adaptor (deore disk brakes to std)

i've a 240lbs frame...'nuff said

mavic 223

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.