American Classic Terrain 29 Wheelset

The American Classic Terrain Disc wheels are an ideal balance between strength, weight, and performance. There are no hidden nipples or unusual spokes.The economical Terrains are reliable, maneuverable and smooth. Newly improved sturdier bearings and hub

[Feb 23, 2016]
chrisD

OVERALL
Strength:

these came on my 2015 Raleigh RXC Disc. With one season of cyclocross in the books plus many training rides I still have had NO problems with either wheel. the spin smoothly and stay true.

for mountain bike wheels they are light but for cyclocross they are only reasonable.

These wheels have had at least 400 miles on the road and a season of cross, MUDDY cross. For the price you can't go wrong in my opinion. They came with tubes but I switched to Tubeless with zero problems. the hubs are 15/100 and 12/142 front and rear respectively.

Easton Haven 29

[Dec 30, 2012]
PrincipalRider

OVERALL
Strength:

Tubeless set-up is easy. Lightweight for the price. Look good.

Rear hub slips, won't engage.

This wheelset came with my Niner Jet 9 Carbon. My rear hub stopped engaging after 40 days. I took the hub apart per American Classic's directions on their website. Found some of the teeth on the cassette body to be stripped. Also, the cam plate is somehow not engaging the pawls into the teeth. I cleaned out some metal shaving that may have been interfering with the cam plate, cleaned everything, re-greased and put it all back together. It is re-engaging for the most part, but still misses. I am going to call American Classic when they re-open after the New Year. Hopefully they will send me a rebuild kit. I will update this review to let you all know how the customer service goes.

For now, I am using the rear wheel from my single speed. It is an XT hub laced to a WTB i23 rim. It will be a bit heavier, but it will last!

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.