Acros XC Race SLS 29 Wheelset

Our flagship model when it comes to XC and marathon. SLS — three little letters that make a difference, standing for SUPERLIGHT SERIES. Our product managers made every effort to make our popular XC Race Carbon wheels even lighter. The recipe is easy: We use our established, lightweight Nineteen XC hubs, which we combine with the new Duke SLS Lucky Jack rims and the Sapim CX Ray Spokes. As a result, you get extremely lightweight (1185 g) and at the same time stable wheels. The required stability is achieved by asymmetric rim profiles and adjusting is no problem thanks to the axle kits and a boost option.

[Aug 09, 2019]
Jonathan Mason

OVERALL
Strength:

They are very light wheels. I have no complaints about the carbon rims and I know they are used by other wheel builders.

Hub reliability is a big problem. The hub repeatedly worked itself loose and developed play, causing the tyre to rub the frame. I know of more than one rider that experienced this. I have also heard of reports of the free body not engaging or seizing. I would not recommend these wheels. Save your money and stick with reliable hubs such as DT swiss.

Price Paid:
€1060
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.