Specialized Fast Trak LK Control 2Bliss Tubeless Tire

• PSI: 35-65

[Sep 28, 2012]
cda racer

OVERALL
Strength:

low rolling resistance, easy to set up tubeless

no good as a front tire, unable to lay the bike over to corner without the tire breaking loose...even as a rear tire.

this is a xc tire, use it for that purpose and you will be happy. I'm not a fan of this tread pattern and switched my front tire out with a ground control and replaced the renegade rear tire with the fast trak. this combo has worked well for me but if I lean the bike much in a turn the back end will break free.

maxxis, schwabble

[Jan 07, 2012]
Jorge Lujan

OVERALL
Strength:

Great cornering, no flats in tubeless/Stans set up, raced great

none yet

Was concerned about lack of tred depth, but have had nothing but success with these tires so far. Raced on them in the local MTB series, and won my Sport division.

[Jun 09, 2011]
woodsrider300

OVERALL
Strength:

Very fast tires, low rolling resistance

Slick on wet surface

These tires are great!!!! As long as the trail is not to wet or muddy you can rail. Even when condition don't suit this tire I can get around just fine with a LITTLE caution. But what tire without going to big knobs is not slippery on wet. These tire work so well on the trail that I don't mind there short comings. Very light for a tubless tire. In Kentucky we have a lot of rocks and I have cut a couple on rocks, but it would have happened with any other tire too. If you want great traction on fast trails these are for you. If you want great traction on slippery, wet trails don't buy.

Many, many different tires. you name it, I have tried all of them

[Nov 26, 2009]
tjkm

OVERALL
Strength:

They came on my 2010 Stumpjumper Comp 29. They did run very well on a very buffed trail and cornered well on smooth ST.

Set them up tubeless at the shop, got one ride in on them and kept getting flats. Got home from the ride, had sealant leaking out of valve, some spokes, etc. Put tubes back in and have had a pinch flat on EVERY ride since (about 5). Running at 40 psi and I weigh 165 lbs. The rocks in AZ are just destroying these tires. I've had the bike 2 months and this is the second rear tire (warranty on the orignial S-Works tire for a chunk I took out of that one on my 2nd ride). I have little confidence in these tires at this point and am shopping around for the next set.

In the *right* conditions (buffed out singletrack) these tires would be solid. The very rocky conditons were I ride are not suitable for these tires, and they will be replaced by something else. Maybe back to a Panaracer or some Geax Saguaro's.

Panarace XC Fire Pro-26" (ran these on my 26 for a few years with no issues in the same AZ terrain. Geax Sturdy's, others

[Aug 28, 2008]
FancyPete

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast rolling, tubeless.

Side walls wear out relatively fast, low traction during climbs and cornering.

These tires are good for tacky smooth trails. If you take them on dry loose trails, or in mud, you will have little to no control while cornering. They are very fast, and have low rolling resistance on smooth surfaces however. Bring 'em out on race day, but train on something else.

Too many to list.

[Jul 12, 2008]
supersleeper

OVERALL
Strength:

Cut Resistant, rolls well, long tread life (for a low knob)

Takes a lot of Joe's not to leak air through sidewalls.
Little or no "control" as an trail tire. For fast and flat XC only.

Rolling on the flat and fast: 4 (same as crossmark)
Climbing XC: 4
Climbing Trail: 2 (Little or no grip)
Cornering: 2 (Watch out!)
Mud: 2 (This is not a mud tire)
Sand: 2 (The 2.0 is not wide enough for sand)
Cuts: 5 (No cuts so far)
Small holes: Difficult to say with sealant. Proof so far.
2 Bliss: 1 (Air leaks through sidewalls)
Instalation: 4 (seates easily)
Weight: 4 (600g for the 2.0x26)

Some good features, but did not impress me. An insipid luke warm tire. Not as fast as Racing Ralph($$$!) with less grip. Feels slower than the SB8 Kenda(same price range)

SB8, Karma, Crossmark, MiMo, Killerbee.

[Jun 09, 2008]
blatido

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls very fast, light

None so far

I used to fear Spesh tires, I had a very bad experience some years ago. But I decided to give 'em a try, and I'm surprised: these tires are some of the best I've used. Roll faster than Maxxis Crossmarks, lighter than most UST tires for its size, no cuts even on rock gardens... of course, they lack some grip, but this is something to be expected for this kind of tire.

Definitely recommended.