Panaracer Fire XC Pro UST Tubeless Tire

Best Price At

The Fire XC Pro UST was designed to offer excellent traction and cornering in just about any terrain without the penalty of high rolling resistance or soft, fast wearing tread compounds. The Torch Tread design offers multi-height hard compound knobs for outstanding performance on hard and soft terrain. The Burning Edge side knob pattern serves up predictable cornering even at hard angles.

[Jan 31, 2013]
Dave-o
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Traction

Tread wearing and Tire width

After using this tire all I can say is that I liked it a lot. It gives you more than enough traction in multiple trail conditions (except sand, where width was an issue) and handles great in the corners. Overall construction is tough, air pressure did held well all I had to do was top it off to the desired setting (34 psi in the front and 38 psi in the back). The back tire will have to be replaced after one season as the tread is worn down in the center of the tire to a level that can make things a bit squirrel-y. The front tire has more than enough traction left to make through two seasons. I'm going to try a Continental Trail King next (why not) but if you are on the fence on buying the XC-pro... don't be... get it I think you'll be happy you did.

Specialized Purgatory

[May 27, 2012]
Woofie

OVERALL
Strength:

Price good for a true tubeless, damage resistant., esp on technical trails

Seems to wear a bit fast but not too bad.

I am on my second set of these and have two more full sets on the way. I run 30PSI front, 32-34PSI rear for all-round desert use in AZ which can mean sand, hardpack or serious rocks. Rides sand well but rear can dig in on really soft stuff. Very durable over rocks. I'm always amazed how many sticks, twigs and spines are in these tires when I change them, but the Stan's keeps them up. Some reviewers comment on them losing air. I have found one may need topping up (I am very fussy at keeping pressures spot on) but the other not -- go figure. I doubt the valve before I doubt the tire.
Handles very well. Front has a tendency to slide in fast turns on sandy hardpack; I have learned not to react and all is well.
I get a big laugh on Panaracer's advice not to use a tire lever for mounting. Good luck :-) Guy the gorilla couldn't mount these without a lever. I cannot imagine mounting these without my compressor and Prestaflator, but they seat easily enough. I lubricate the walls with Simple Green for first seat.

[Jun 23, 2009]
Montytian

OVERALL
Strength:

hold air perfectly, perhaps because the wheel--fulcrum red matel zero has got technology called "ultra fit UST"
good looking too!!!

weak grab, but means less rolling resistance on road.

good tyre, worth money.
they are soft, wear fast, watch out when you brake rear wheel---don't let it lock and rub.

Panaracer Trailraker 2.1

[Dec 03, 2008]
randonneur

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap, decent traction

doesn't hold air

Tire handles fine, sheds mud beautifully. However, being forced to top up a tire mid-ride is not acceptable.

If you intend to "save" money by getting these tires, you might as well put in Stans liquid latex right away. Whatever rubber Panaracer chose for these tires simply does not hold air well at all. You can watch bubbles form all over the tire when holding it underwater.

Michelin, Conti, Hutchinson, Schwalbe, WTB, ...

[Aug 04, 2008]
Dave

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent traction on hard pack, very good in loose dirt.

I am really happy with these tires. I have had no problems with them losing air like the previous reviewer. I have them mounted on Mavic Crossmax Sl wheels with Stan's and they have been solid. No leaks either. I really like their performance on single track hard and loose conditions. Maybe not so great in really rocky conditions as they are not meant for that type of terrain.

Continental Vertical Pro UST

[May 28, 2007]
Phil

OVERALL
Strength:

Price. Fast rolling.

2.1 is the only width available in UST, much like other UST tires.

This is my first UST tire. It sealed perfectly with a Stans rim strip and sealant. The tire has an aggressive tread pattern, and yet it is fairly fast rolling. The traction in the dusty, sandy desert it good. They are durable as well. On my last ride, I had seven Jumping Cholla needles stuck in the sidewall. When I pulled them out, there was no leaks. No hint of Stans goo oozing out either. I have no complaints about the tire, only its width. For the terrain I ride on and my size, I like a wider tire. I will give this tire 5 chilis, even though I will probably go back to Nevegals. Not because the Panaracer is a bad tire. Its a great tire for its intended purpose. I just think need a 2.35-2.5 width tire which Panaracer doesnt make in UST.

Tioga Blue Dragon and Yellow Kirin. Kenda Nevegals.

[Mar 25, 2008]
Jon

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap
tread works in most terrain, from hardpack to slippery stuff

won't hold air - poor rubber choice.
plan to reinflating your tires every morning

I've used tubed Panaracers in the past with good success. Unfortunately, this Panaracer tire starts to leak like crazy after a few months of use. The problem is very porous rubber. Expect to lose about 5-10 psi in a 3 hour ride; they're flat every morning. The problem gets worse over time. After all the usual troubleshooting, i found the a submerged tire leaks through small pores everywhere under tread, sidewall, all over. You can mess with Stans to plug them, but I just forked over the money for a set of Michelins. Bingo - problem solved.

Michelin, Continental, Hutchinson, ...

[Oct 01, 2007]
Tony Senase

OVERALL
Strength:

Great all terrain tire.

This tire merges old school square knobbies with high tech side treads. I really like this tire and will be replacing my Specialized Pro tubeless on my 06 Epic when they wear out. This tire has aggressive traction on all terrains, and especially when passing during a race on fresh cut grass. This is my 3rd tubless tire and prefer this tire overall of them. I do run this tire at 32lbs pressure normally and about 30lbs on the sand. It tends to throw a little more sand than the other tires at 32lbs, but at 30lbs seems not pick anymore than the others. I do not consider this a weakness since this tire has greater traction than all the other tires on all surfaces even sand. I have used this tire for XC riding and racing, but imagine it to be good for other types of riding also? Installed no problems with the Stans kit, reacts and seals well with the sealant as I rolled over several thorns and cactus needles. Overall this tire instills confidence on attacking the trail and on the loose fringes when you need to pass during the race.

Specialized 2bless Pro, Kenda Small block 8, Serfas Gators.

• Available At

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.