Maxxis Ardent UST Tubeless Tire

Maxxis Ardent Kevlar UST Tire: Aggressive tread, high volume casing tire for All-Mountain to Downhill front or rear applications. Center tread is designed for acceleration and braking performance...

[May 15, 2016]
flipjhl
All Mountain Rider

Uncertain grip. Heavy.

In the last few weeks experienced two crashes in dry Rocky/sandy conditions. The Ardent suddenly loses grip in turns.

Different Schwalbe's- which I am going back to.

[Jul 28, 2015]
UncleTwoDogs

OVERALL
Strength:

Sticky and stiff. I paid $60 each, so comparable to other popular tubeless tires. Went on without tools and set up tubeless without issue.

None so far

I've had the Ardent 2.4 on the front of my Fuel for about a month and ridden it maybe 6-8 times. So far I love it! Its a great improvement over the Bontrager XR3s that came on it. Although, the XR3 is a pretty good stock tire, it was way to squirrely in fast corners and in loose terrain for the front, but climbs good on the rear. The Ardent just feels stiffer and stickier. The Ardent went on my Bontrager dusters without tools and mounted up tubeless the first time with zero issues, it never leaked down and appears to be holding air just as good as the XR3s.

Bontrager XR3, Michelin Wildgripp'r, Hutchinson, CST, WTB

[Aug 22, 2013]
desmo944

OVERALL
Strength:

All of my opinions are biased as im a SuperClyde: For my weight i run very high pressure compared to most. I love these tires, great grip cornering and climbing. but they really feel like velcro while braking.

Expensive. why are tires so dang much money now days.

best thing i can say about these tires is that Yes I would happily buy them again.