Geax Grido UST Tubeless Tire

* Front or rear tyre with all "paddle" style blocks widely spaced for good behaviour in muddy conditions. * Reduced knob height for lower rolling resistance and enhanced performance on smooth hardpack. * Side knobs specially designed to increase the number of working edges. * Designed to handle all soil conditions. * Also available in Tubeless version.

[Sep 24, 2010]
Uncle_Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, clears mud, quality casing

Watch the roots! Very difficult to mount

This was one of my first tubeless tires. I bought it for speed but wound up riding it most of the Summer on all terrain. This probably improved the smoothness of my pedalling and had no issues. But... after using knobbier tires I put this back on the front for a 24 hour race lap. Flew off the bike multiple times when it immediately slid out on roots. It has now become a spring, dirt road training tire.

Too many to list

[Aug 01, 2006]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

weight

traction, durability

I have only tried this on the rear tire but crap - it took a good 10% off my cornering speed b/c of its inability to hook up at all - if you are riding dry, hardpacked trails you will be fine with this on the trail but in a variety of conditions it is the pits.
Also - the tire developed a hernia after about a month which became so severe I could feel the wobble when I rode. Not good - still looking for that all around UST tire.

Maxxis High Roller, Continentals of various sorts, Panaracer Fire Pros

[Jan 26, 2005]
Richard

OVERALL
Strength:

Good traction, low rolly resistance.

Too early to tell.

Crazy how I wound up with this tire. I was at a 12 hour race and had a brand new $44 Michelin UST on the rear. Got a gash is the sidewall on one of my laps. Needed a new tire ASAP. Bike sponsor had a Grido on clearance for $10. Slapped it on and I road 10 miles with it. Was very impressed with it's preformance. So impressed that I bought a second one for the front. It's too early to tell what the treadwear is like but it can't be any worse than the Python or Michelin. These style of tires usually don't last very long. But $20 for a pair of UST's I'll take them!

Pythons, Michelin. Both UST

[Sep 17, 2004]
Derek

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast rolling, good traction

Tough to install

I was always unhappy with the Python, yet continued to use them for years (lack of side knob and mushy feel regardless of pressure were my biggest complaints). The Gridos are great tires, they roll just as fast as Pythons, pedal light, etc. The rear will lose some traction as the knob height is shallow, but the side knob is great on the front. They are tough to mount, nothing like a Python. But they aired up easily once I got the tire on the rim.

Hutchinson Python UST, Mosquito UST, Michelin Comp S UST, many tires converted with Stans

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.