Continental X King UST Tubeless Tire

The perfect choice for those not requiring larger volume, but demanding aggressive traction with...

[Aug 02, 2018]
las-palmas

OVERALL
Strength:

Wonder where you all have bought UST tyres from Continental. Continental never made UST tyres. I have used Tubeless from Continental several years in Race-King, X-King and Mountain-King and they all held air without sealant but I was never using Stans or other tubeless ready rims only Mavic UST. Crossmax. I am riding on lave rubbles and it is mostly loose and have not lost more knobs than can be counted on one hand and even Maxxis and Schwalbe lose knobs too. Before I used Tubeless but now Continental only make tubeless-ready or Protection. I use Quadboss sealant and the tyres hold air so I have only to fill up when a bike has not been used a couple of weeks (have more than one), when riding daily or 5 times a week they keep pressure for a month or more. Am now using Cush Core so I can ride with less pressure. 20psai both front and rear. Maxxis tyres last longer but are not so fast rolling, Schwalbe is getting too expensive. I use 26x2.4 Pro: Fast rolling in all kind of weather (we only have sunshine here)

Contra: Like all other tyres, they do not last forever and cost too much.

Purchased:
New
[Jun 21, 2018]
SamT

OVERALL
Strength:

Had these tire on Stans rims for 2 months- they lose a lot of knobs and do not seal up very well- I lose 5-7 lbs every day. Even went up to 5 oz'ss of Stans and they still lose air. The knob situation is dreadful on a tubeless tire- you never know how much the casing will hold up once you tire appears to look like a meth heads teeth. When new the grip and rolling resistance is excellent

$50 tire that doesn't hold air and loses knobs pretty regularly - went back to my Nevegal set up which works really well for a non UST tire

Price Paid:
2018
[Oct 13, 2013]
Alias530

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice balance between grip and speed for XC trails. I came from the Bontrager XR1 and there is an even trade off of speed and grip.

I have minimal tubeless experience so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it loses 5psi or so between rides, which is a fairly large percentage. But then again this may be normal for tubeless.

It seems like the issue of losing knobs has been fixed.

I have the 29x2.2 Protection model and they are great set up tubeless. I air them up to 30-35psi for my ride and a week later they will have dropped 5psi or so, but who doesn't check their pressure before every ride?

I believe the negative aspects that people have posted previously have been fixed (the knobs falling off) and tubeless issues mentioned previously are just a bad combination of wheel and tire or they are running a conversion setup instead of true TLR/UST.

[Apr 12, 2013]
aircooled

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast rolling

Pain to set up tubeless. Took about a month before they would hold air more than a couple of days. Leaked out the sidewall. Do not grip well. Feel like the front end is going to wash out.

I would not recommend and will not buy again.

[Mar 19, 2013]
Jeff

OVERALL
Strength:

Does roll fast

Will not hold air. Sidewall appears tough but nothing you do will make it hold air. When they are inflated and you spray soapy solution it foams all around and also shoots sealant out in spots with pin holes.

Tire is pretty much useless as a tubeless tire. Very disappointed and will never purchase another Continental Tire again.

[Oct 24, 2012]
tt20

OVERALL
Strength:

used as rear tire only. fast roller. side walls are tough looking. i ride all over las vegas desert and the grip is ok. slips more than ignitor or nevegal but not bad.

tubeless is very questionable. Does not hold air for more than a day or two. Soapy solution revealed air leaks through the side wall (same with mountain king). Chunked about 75% of the side knobs with less than 100 miles.

very disappointed. i'm using it with a tube now after about 75 miles and i just want it to go away. I have used bontrager tires with no sealant and they have held air longer. never buying continental tires again

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.