Slime Super Thick Smart Tube

Best Price At

SlimeThick SmartTubes bring some ofThe benefits of aTubeless setupToTheTubed world, eachTube is filled withThe precise volume of SlimeTube Sealant. Factory-filled with a precise volume of SlimeTube Sealant Seals punctures upTo 1/8" (3mm) Environmentally safe, non-toxic, non-hazardous and water soluble Valve: Schrader ISO Diameter: 559 ISO Width: 44-54 mm Labeled Size: 26 x 1.75-2.125 Valve Length: SchraderTube Compound: Butyl Valve Core: Removable Valve Shaft: Smooth

[Oct 24, 2012]
MrMatson
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

fairly indestructible
self sealing
difficult to pinch flat

really heavy

I've run these tubes for years as I can't stand getting flats. They work really well for this purpose, the rubber is extremely thick which makes these tube very resilient and combined with slime inside I have NEVER had a flat on the trail with these tubes that wasn't caused by a catastrophic tire failure. That being said these tubes are extremely heavy on the order of 540 grams each. This is kind of a ridiculous amount of unsprung rotating mass to be hauling around but if you want a fairly indestructible tube and aren't prepared to bite the bullet and go tubeless these will do the trick

[Jul 12, 2010]
Alastair

OVERALL
Strength:

Won't pinch when using tire levers, really really thick rubber which is great.

Heavy, but who cares.

Amazing tube, I used to get flats once a week riding on the streets & bike paths. Since I put these tubes on I have not had a flat in 1 year (ever). I can ride over broken glass, rocks, thorns anything!

Last week I pulled a 10mm thorn from my tire and it had not even lost pressure. Don't listen to that other douche bag, they are the ultimate in thorn protection.

[Feb 06, 2010]
mtb_13

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Thick and Protective. It would be great for downhill riders.

It is too heavy for a cross-country rider:WEIGHT!!!
It is a little too expensive.

I would recommend this to a friend if he isn't worried about weight and just wants a tire that won't go flat.

Slime Tubes...

[Apr 04, 2008]
Christopher Cruz

Weight

This tube sucks! I was walking back to the truck 1/2 thru first ride. After a few rocky downhill sections and pointy rocks the tube failed. I have ridden regular slime tubes for years with no problems.

Regular Thickness Slime Tire

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.