Slime Self Healing Presta Tube

Best Price At
Available At

Slime Self Sealing Smart Bike Tube. Self-Sealing Smart Bike Tubes with Slime Inside. All Slime Smart Tubes are factory-filled with a precise volume of Slime Tube Sealant. Smart Tubes instantly seek out and seal punctures as they occur, preventing flats, repeatedly and continuously for up to two years. Ride without worries.

[Nov 01, 2016]
Joe Crumpler

Strength:

The valve stem leaked right out of the box.

I would rate this tube as totally worthless. I bought the tube yesterday, installed it, and pumped up the tire. When I started to ride my bike this morning, the tire was totally flat. Today, I bought and installed a different brand tube and put this one where it belonged - in the trash.

[Jul 07, 2016]
chuck layton

OVERALL
Strength:

My wife's 2007 Giant Revive semi-recumbent came with slime tubes inside cheng shin road tires. On a ride last weekend, we ran over some crap near the right side white line. The tire pumped out lots of slime, but the fenders kept it off your back. It lost about 2/3 pressure, but made it home, about 24 miles further. Old slime, bad cut, made it home.

Without fender, the slime is going onto you if you're moving fast. Also, If you "back into turns", by using rear brake first and harder, the tire can be covered in slippery slime, and your back end will try to pass you. It's kinda fun... if you don't wreck.

It works, it's washable if it gets onto you.

[Nov 01, 2014]
Sal De Luca

no good

I have been using slime tubes for the past 15 years, the product was very good, but for the past year I noticed the slime is like colored water, when you get a small puncture the slime floods the tire casing and do not seal nothing, you all be better off purchasing a cheaper regular tube and Carrie a patch kit. so disappointing total junk.

[Aug 06, 2014]
tthomas allen

OVERALL
Strength:

Suck

Sucks

Have bought 2 slim inner tubes in 4 days they both have split on the seam about a half inch rip resulting in me having to push my bike roughly 4 miles back home in 95 degree heat not fun there the tube sucks

[Aug 03, 2013]
Mike Munroe

OVERALL
Strength:

None.

Two flats on a 40 mile Mt Bike ride due to manufacturer defects.The front and back tubes both developed splits on the inner longitudinal seems of the tube. I have had 3 different tubes do the same thing. After the first one I carefully installed new rim liner strips thinking that might be the problem. Apparently not! Also they do not seal sticker punctures well even on a high pressure re-pump. I am sick of them and am moving on to something else.

[Jan 03, 2013]
edward raine

OVERALL
Strength:

Got me out of trouble today when my armadillos let me down, 4 miles from work. I ran over a rivet about 2mm thick which went 10mm to 15mm into the tyre. It got me to work and back again.

Cant seem to be able to get hold of long presta valves and they make a bit of a mess inside the tyre.,

I've had them on two bikes now, the first was a racer which was always getting punctures I hadn't learned that you need to pay for good tyres at that stage. I know everyone says these tubes add to much weight on a racer but whats more annoying on the way to work in the rain than having to sit by the side of the road fixing your tyre as clocking on time is getting closer and closer. Back then id average a puncture every two to three weeks or 200 to 300 miles. I the end it was about 4 months before i managed to get a flat. When I took the tube off there were about 7 or 8 puncture marks that had been fixed without me even knowing about it. So i replaced the tube with another slime tube and didn't have any more problems, until i replaced the bike about 6 months later. I bought a road bike at halfords about a year ago and when they were putting it together they nipped the tube on the rear wheel so i said id pay the difference if they replaced it with a slime tube, and its been going strong for about a year (new job only about 3000 miles or so). The front tube was a different story I had about 6 punctures before the summer and then i invested about 70 pounds on a pair of armadillos and a slime tube in the front wheel, I've had about 6 months puncture free until today when I ran over a rivet( I Cant figure that one out either) on waterloo bridge , I could hear a slight hissing and a banging sound as it hit my mud Gaurd. I pulled over, pulled it out thinking I was in for a bit of a long walk and tried to figure out what the green sticky stuff was and was on my way hoping that I wouldn't be too late for work. I'd been pushing the bike for about a hundred meters and had noticed that the tyre wasn't flat. So i thought I'd give it a go and cycled into work pumped the tyre up a bit and cycled home. Can only praise these slime tubes.

[Sep 30, 2011]
aram_mtb

OVERALL

bought 2 tubes, 1 of them got a puncture and went flat, pumped air like 4 times and the tube doesn't stopped to leak air, have to take out the tube to see if the punture was to big but it wasnt, gave several spin to the wheel to get the slime sealant into the puncture but it never worked, have to used an slime skabs kit to seal the puncture but it worked only a few miles !! i had to walk back pushing my bike and missed a great ride because i trusted in this tubes, they suck !!!

[Jun 18, 2011]
mharon47

OVERALL
Strength:

I have never had problems with slime tubes. But it seems to me, you either hate it or love it. Ive used slime ever since I started riding, about 8 years ago. Ive never felt slosshy tires, as other seem to have, the weight isnt bad... if you're a weight weenie, go tubeless, but if your on a budget, get these. just know, that if you get a puncture, they seal as the slime fills the hole. sometimes it helps to flip the bike over and spin the wheel a couple times. Great product, I have all 4 slime tubes still in good condition in my garage (I bought lighter ones later on)

Weight

great product, especially on a budget.

Off brands.

[May 26, 2011]
trackman_7

Everything

In the last year, I have had 4 of these tubes punctured during rides and all four tubes have gone completely flat. In all four cases, the puncture was less than the 1/8 inch diameter that the sealant in this product is touted as being able to fill. Furthermore, I have had 2 of these tubes blow-out on me in 1 year. In contrast, I have been running the same Conti. tube in my commuter bike for 1 year and have had ZERO problems. I would give these tubes a 0 of 5 but that is not possible on your product's web-site site, and as such, I will never purchase a slime tube as long as I live.
Finally, I have a question.

Continetal Race Lite

[Aug 19, 2010]
MeanRyan

OVERALL
Strength:

These things work! Since installing them, they've saved me the trouble of removing my rims at least half a dozen times. I encounter a heck of a lot of thorns on my ride, even the larger nastier ones are met with little resistance. Although after removing a larger object you may have to rotate the wheel so the hole can fill in with the slime, tiny price to pay to avoid being stranded.

Some users here have mentioned they don't work so well in cold weather. I haven't experienced this, as I live in Arizona. Other then that, I have nothing bad to say about Slime Tubes.

This item works, in SPITE of all the other complaints about added weight and messy residue, which I haven't noticed, and not working in cold weather? (how cold?) All bikes should come standard with these installed.

N/A

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.