Continental Unitube Tube

The product range of tubes for mountainbike tires is quite extensive. You'll find normal tubes as well as lightweight and ultra-lightweight tubes.

The famous latex-tubes provide increased puncture and snake-bite protection as well as reduced rolling resistance. Please note though that they also loose air pressure more rapidly than butyl tubes.

[Jul 20, 2011]
lebikerboy

OVERALL
Strength:

The made in Germany version was great. Seemed to last forever.

The made in Taiwan version is terrible. Presta valve problems galore right out of the box. I won't buy them anymore.

Generic tubes are better and less expensive.

Too many to list...

[Jul 14, 2011]
bobby_tables
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive

Quality

Apparently from other reviews on MTBR, there are Made in Germany Conti tubes that are better in quality. This is for the Made in Taiwan version. These tubes aren't meant for anyone riding even moderately technical trails. I've gone through several of these tubes riding XC and end up flatting fairly frequently. I've tried to give Conti the benefit of the doubt, but after the amount of flats I've had, it's down to quality issues with their tubes. Blown tubes, broken valve stems, you name it, I've experienced it with these tubes. Save yourself the trouble and go with something else. I've had generic Performance tubes last longer than these.

Maxxis, Bontrager tubes

[Apr 29, 2008]
Sven Jacobsen

OVERALL
Strength:

Install it and forget it: cheap, durable, robust, reliable in all situations.

Perhaps the weight, but on the other hand saving weight and material means less safety. And I prefer a safe setup!

Since I installed these tubes nothing happened. It works and works and works, no matter where I´m riding and what I´m doing. I know some riders with latex or light tubes, and they sooner or later were in trouble with their thin and weak equipment: they crashed badly due to the tube exploding after a high impact landing or wasted time during a race with changing a flat, tears of embarrasment in their eyes and a royal muscle pain their arms while pumping up new tubes again and again. Well, I think safety should have priority. These tubes are not light but reduce the risk of faults for sure and help feeling more relaxed while riding - that´s decisive.
Install these tubes with talcum (works better, faster). I think, this product is worth five chilis.

Many.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.